Uploading not working

bizzman

I have the latest version of utorrent. All my torrents have green up arrow and say seeding. Some torrents have thousands of seeders and plenty peers.

However my torrents are not uploading. Looks like its trying to connect but goes 1kb/s then drops off.

Ive tried to search for the answer but I have no idea where to start. Alot of info confusing.

If I go to preferences network I have a red light no incoming connections.

I can dl jut fine and fast.

Plz help

really cunfusing tho.

My setting are way different.

under Bandwith: Upload

Limit Manual to 500 (5mp test upload 500 from your quide)

Limit seeding rate? What do i put here..where is that on the quide

under Bittorrent: Connections

Global Limit - 200 to 400

Per torrent limit 50 to 70

under Bittorrent: Ques

active - 8 to 10

dl - 5 to 10

none of this changed anything

UNP , NAT are enabled

Should I port forward?? Ive never had to port forward and get alot of uploaders before and ive had the same modem and router epuipment as before.

And?? There are no "absolutely correct" settings for bittorrent, you have to determine what is ideal/optimum for your particular environment and client use empirically.

You can start off with the guide or by using the charts based on your connection speed tests (speedtest.net), but it is you that decides what works best for your setup, and bigger numbers are not always 'better'.

Limit seeding rate?
That's a choice, not an absolute. and upload needs to set at 70 - 90% of your actual capacity, depending on what else you run on the LAN.

There is little or nothing that you can do if the peers your client is connected to are slow, if they are "slow" then so are you.

Should I port forward?? Ive never had to port forward and get alot of uploaders before and ive had the same modem and router epuipment as before.

Then your router is probably UPnP or NAT-PMP enabled. So you should make sure that the listening port IS forwarded to the correct IP that your machine currently using.

• 3 months later...

really cunfusing tho.

under Bandwith: Upload

Limit Manual to 500 (5mp test upload 500 from your quide)

Limit seeding rate? What do i put here..where is that on the quide

under Bittorrent: Connections

Global Limit - 200 to 400

Per torrent limit 50 to 70

under Bittorrent: Ques

active - 8 to 10

dl - 5 to 10

none of this changed anything

UNP , NAT are enabled

Yes you are required to put forward. That will generate much better results

Archived