Automatic RSS Downloads not working

Warangel

Yes, I've searched this forum and others. No, I still haven't had any luck. I've uninstalled/reinstalled, set up every RSS feed again from scratch, pointed my showrss.kamorra.info to showrss.info ... I don't know what else to try.

I've had ZERO problems since starting RSS feeds over a year ago, then suddenly, issues I can't figure out.

http://imgur.com/rhAM3pv,A10JPsV

Also, anyone have a good recommend for .mkv files? I've been using my XBox 360 as my media player, which was fine when .mp4 was popular, but everyone seems to use .mkv now which XBox just doesn't like. I've tried several different converter programs, all of which take 2 - 3 times as long to convert as the episode's length.

Thanks in advance.

With advice from the guys over at showrss.info, I've disabled the Smart Episode Filter button.

What this did was tell uTorrent to download EVERYTHING all over again with the formats I've specified, but it only did this once.

Now it automatically downloads each new episode again. It's just not smart about it.

I'll take it as a temporary fix until uTorrent decides to let us know how to actually fix the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
With advice from the guys over at showrss.info, I've disabled the Smart Episode Filter button.

What this did was tell uTorrent to download EVERYTHING all over again with the formats I've specified, but it only did this once.

Having this problem too, so will try this. Better than nothing. Thanks.

I'm trying to understand it. It seems very odd that even through I've added this feed and said 'auto download everything from it please' that I then have to go into each element of my feed and add them as favourites, setting up search words and such. I have quite a lot of TV shows, it seems poor design to make me do this. I'm not sure I wouldn't prefer to once a day manually tell it to download everything :/

then have to go into each element of my feed

No you don't. This RSS downloader is not perfect, and I'm sure it can be improved. It does do the job (if you treat it nicely...) . it needs at least *one* favorite item (filter). This one can download everything (which is not the "regular" use-case).

Here is an example:

dbd08a289196536.jpg

7bf67d289199419.jpg

4e8d42289199412.jpg

edd2cd289199411.jpg

It should not load the same item twice upon feed's "update" as long at it is either loaded already (in you jobs list) or if deleted - in the RSS history list . Both can be erased.

and "?" is you best test/friend... :)

Archived