Unable to edit MP3 metadata since after 3.2.3.

hatorikunz

In all versions of utorrent since after 3.2.3. I have been unable to edit metadata of .MP3 downloaded files. In 3.2.3. and previous versions. I use to be able to right click on a .MP3 file, select properties and change its metadata, this was useful for making sure the tracks would show up under a specific album or artist. Very useful for podcasts which seem to sometimes have different metadata when coming from different events etc...

I recently did a fresh install of my os, downloaded the latest utorrent (I also tried the beta version) and I am still unable to edit the metadata of .MP3's. I then deleted the torrent + data, uninstalled the software and installed version 3.2.3. After re-downloading the .MP3 I was then able to edit the metadata, which makes me believe it is something to do with the latest version.

If this is of any use, I have had the same problem on Windows 7 x64, windows 8 x64 and 8.1 x64 since after 3.2.3. I have also not tried this on any other file type so I don't know if applies to all file type's or just specific to .MP3.

I have tried searching google and the forums but am unable to find if anyone else is having the same problem or if this was a feature change. If anyone else has had this problem, reply maybe, thx!

Guess I stick with 3.2.3. for now until I figure out what could be causing this.

I was told 'Except you are causing yourself to distribute bad pieces on the torrents.' here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=143178

I don't know how they know its because of that. Any help plz, thx

Ok just updated back to 3.3.2 and guess what, it works now I can edit the meta :). I was searching the web for unable to change metadata utorrent ect... and nothing would come up, but that fixed the problem, seems it was a feature change. Searching bt.read_only_on_complete bring stuff up though XD. Anyway thx for help!

Archived