Can't reseed my previously created torrent

SchumacherM

I recentley made a torrent with some files for a forum community, fastest way of distribution. I tried to start seeding again today, but the torrent just starts downloading the whole thing all over again. I have my exact same files in the exact directory D:\Downloads\Folder and I point the torrent to this folder; I point it to Downloads. But it does not start checking it just downloads. I forced it to recheck, nothing. Just goes on with the download. What am I missing? uTorrent 3.2.3., Win7 x64.

Everything is bit-to-bit identical. Nothing helps. I even put the ePER folder on the desktop. Opened the torrent. Pointed it to the desktop, not clicking the folder. And all that happened was that the download started and anoter ePER folder was created inside the original ePER folder.

I seriously do not understand this anymore.

I don't even... Guys, look. And listen for once.

In the pictures, my ePER folder is on D:\ So the path to it is D:\ePER. And there in the snap you can see SHRANI V (save to in english) just D:\ That is what I clicked OK to. That is what was used. And I still only get a folder inside a folder. Even though I chose the parent folder for the destination.

I have ePER on my desktop now. I choose C:\Users\my username\Desktop as my parent directory to which I wish to point uTorrent. It's still the same.

And I just went and tried reseeding something else. I have it in D:\Downloads\something else. I got the torrent, pointed it to D:\Downloads and it began checking and seeding normally.

Do you finally see what my problem is?

Not sure what you meant by that, but the point is:

-when something else is in D:\Downloads and I point the torrent that corresponds to those files to that location, it's ok.

-when ePER is in D:\Downloads, the parent directory is not properly understood by the program. It puts another ePER folder in the existing folder, even though I did not choose this existing folder as a download destination.

I have now given up and moved the torrent and the contents to my second PC. Made the same file directory, same files, same torrent and uTorrent program version. It just works there immediately. I don't have the slightest idea what's different on this machine. Checked everything 100x times.

Screw it, thanks for taking time to help me anyway, all of you. :)

Archived