uTorrent keeps creating a folder named Torrents in Move completed dir

Techgnosis

I run uTorrent (3.3.2) on a Win7 machine. I have two NFS drives connected to it, one has the label of Z and another is my D. Under Preferences/Directories I have "Put new downloads in:" set to "Z:\" and "Move completed downloads to:" set to "D:\". A folder labeled "Torrents" keeps popping up on the D drive and I'm not sure the cause.

Anyone have any insight on the cause of the stubborn directory, and how to make it go away permanently?

So, I just noticed while it was downloading, the file being downloaded was in the Torrent directory (on D) as opposed to the Torrent Drive (Z) it should be using. The .torrent file is in the correct place (Z) but the resulting file is being saved in D, which is why, I am guessing, its creating the Torrent directory. But thats not what its supposed to be doing. :mad:

Ok next question is;

Where is your browser set to save downloads to?

C:\Users\Admin\Downloads

but the resulting file is being saved in D' date='[/quote']The "resulting file" meaning payload or metadata file?

I assume by metadata file you mean the .torrent file and payload is the file I was trying to obtain in the first place. If that is the case the Payload.

EG: I want to download the latest linux distro .iso file as a torrent. It *should* put the incomplete ISO in Z:\ while it is downloading, then move it to D:\ when it is complete.

Instead it seems to create a Torrents directory in D:\ and download the file to D:\Torrents. Once it is complete it moves it to D:\ leaving an empty Torrents folder.

Edit: Even more fun, it seems the behavior is sporadic, sometimes it does what it is supposed to, and sometimes,... not so much.

At what point did you add a subdirectory/folder of /Torrents into the "Add Torrent" dialogue "Save In" drop down which is now being used as the default "Save In" location?

That's the crux of the problem. I never did. uTorrent makes it, I keep deleting it, and it keeps re-making it and storing incomplete files there while they download, then moving them to the root directory when complete, instead of downloading them to the correct (Z) drive, then moving them to D:\. when done.

Archived