Desperately In Need Of Help!!!

Myuzikalsoul

Hello! I hope I am posting in the correct place, I am a newbie as of a few seconds ago as a member of this site.

I have used utorrent for a very long time and have never before encountered this problem.

Suddenly, everything I try to download hangs at "Finding Peers". I used the Set Up Guide tester and it came up with this message:

"Results: Speed Test Failed. Connection Failed Error. A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was"

It stops there.

I have literally been scouring the internet all day trying to find a way to fix this and have been very frustrated to find next to nothing.

My OS is Windows 7.

My DHCP is enabled.

I am on a wired ethernet connection, no router.

I have Windows Firewall disabled (and have for over a year)

I have been running Comodo Firewall for over a year with no problems, and have never had to make any exceptions.

I have not installed any new programs recently.

The torrents I am attempting to download are very alive.

PLEASE HELP!

I'm sorry, but what thread? I have been encountering answers like this all day! No one actually answers the question. It is SO frustrating. I have done all the tweaks in utorrent, I have changed all the settings suggested. I have been all over the internet all day trying to find a clear answer. Most answers are geared toward port forwarding and routers, or firewalls, but none of this applies to me as I am on a wired ethernet connection and I only have one firewall. if you can please point me in the direction of an applicable thread it will be much appreciated!

Okay, I have done so many things I'd just rather not list them all, but the only thing that seemed to help me was this post:

2010-06-05 01:02:37

dexter03

Answer reguarding the help for "uTorrent Data Send Error 10053" when port forwarding doesn't work or speed test failed with red check mark....

THE ANSWER IS SIMPLER THAN YOU THINK!

It is the window services not activated to support torrent protocols. Push control alt delete, go to the "start task manager", services tab, push on the bottom right services button with the protection shield, a new window should open with the services, and make sure that bottom tab "extended" is selected, not the "standard. Look for the following services, right click "properties" and switch start up type to automatic.

AND

Go the windows firewall… under exceptions, add u-torrent program, check the boxes to have exception to the window's firewall… to the following already there """"Core networking;;; Network discovery;;; Windows Peer to Peer Collaboration Foundation

+++++++ 

UPnP Device Host "Allows UPnP devices to be hosted on this computer. If this service is stopped, any hosted UPnP devices will stop functioning and no additional hosted devices can be added. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start"

==

DHCP Client" Registers and updates IP addresses and DNS records for this computer. If this service is stopped,

==

DNS Client" The DNS Client service (dnscache) caches Domain Name System (DNS) names and registers the full computer name for this computer. If the service is stopped, DNS names will continue to be resolved. However, the results of DNS name queries will not be cached and the computer's name will not be registered. If the service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.

==

Peer Name Resolution Protocol" Enables Serverless Peer Name Resolution over the Internet. If disabled, some Peer to Peer and Collaborative applications, such as Windows Meetings, may not function

==

Network Connections" Connections folder, in which you can view both local area network and remote connections.

==

Peer Networking Identity Manager" Provides Identity service for Peer Networking

==

Peer Networking Grouping "Provides Peer Networking Grouping services

==

Restart computer, run an active torrent for about 15minutes, then do the speed test, you should have 2 green check boxes….

Later smile

I did not have to do anything to my firewall, I just switched the listed services to automatic and it worked like a charm! Thank you dexter and ciaobaby for your help!! :D

Archived