Can't seem to Seed

Vencored

Hey all, So I made a torrent (was some work for my mate)

But after she activated the torrent nothing is moving.

On my client it's status is as Seeding the trackers are shown as working (peer exchange, local peer discovery and DHT are show as not allowed (Even tho DHT is allowed)

And shown in the logger it's saying I'm getting banned.

Any help would be great.

Oh and firefall/routers are all fine and ports open.

Thanks

It's the same with bittorrent client.

And it would be EXACTLY the same with Vuze' date=' Hadouken, qBitTorrent, Transmission, kTorrent, rTorrent, qTorrent and every other BitTorrent client you can possibly think of.[/quote']

So what was the point of this post? if ALL clients are the same?

That's your client.

Why do you expect someone else to the work for you?

The purpose of these forums is NOT to teach people how to USE uTorrent, they exist for reporting bugs in the current release and development builds, that is why only the current stable release or Alpha and beta version builds are supported for questions.

If anyone wants to run ver 1.6 of the Windows client they can just don't ask questions here on why something doesn't work, and RTFM is the answer to "How do I" questions.

Why do you expect someone else to the work for you?

The purpose of these forums is NOT to teach people how to USE uTorrent, they exist for reporting bugs in the current release and development builds, that is why only the current stable release or Alpha and beta version builds are supported for questions.

If anyone wants to run ver 1.6 of the Windows client they can just don't ask questions here on why something doesn't work, and RTFM is the answer to "How do I" questions.

Who said I expected anything from here? I posted in Troubleshooting on a "Chance" someone can help me find out why this is not seeding on created torrents and Who knows could even be a bug.

You cannot "seed" because you are the only peer on the tracker.

Has the other person removed the 'Private' flagged job and deleted the metadata file before loading the latest one?

Yes I have added the torrent on my seedbox also (which never had the private flagged torrent)

So the "seedbox" is the one peer the tracker/DHT are reporting, so until somebody actually joins the swarm, nothing is going to happen. And as your 'seedbox' is active with the same job, .... Why should any peers connect to your client to download any pieces?

Ok I'm lost here, I made the torrent on my desktop computer. I than sent the torrent file to what I call my seedbox (just for a test to see if it would start to download the file from my PC) Ive done this before and it worked? Is this not right?

Maybe you are right and I should read more of the manual because nothing is making any sence anymore.

Archived