uTorrent keeps uninstalling everytime I restart.

Piemanpm

Hey guys.

This has been going on quite some time now, and it's proper starting to annoy me now.

Every time I restart my computer, uTorrent has uninstalled itself or reverted itself or something.

First time it happened, I looked inside control panel, in Add and Remove programs, and uTorrent is there, but if I try to remove it ( thought removing it and reinstalling it might fix the problem ) it says that it's already removed. So I remove it from the list anyway. Then go to C:\Program Files (x86) but no uTorrent files, same in C:\Program Files. So I go to ProgramData and no uTorrent files in there either. So I thought, ah, must have updated to the BETA or something. So I go ahead and download the latest stable release. Run the .exe and uTorrent starts up.

Could anyone help me out with this problem? It's starting to annoy the hell out of me.

I've using Windows 8.1 Pro and uTorrent version 3.4 Beta (build 30331) [32-bit]

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

Sorry. I'm at work on my phone and autocorrect didn't have sandboxing in its dictionary. Well I know for a fact that I don't have anything like that installed, nor have I ever had any programs installed like that.

The security programs I have are:

Spybot Search & Destroy

All 2014 Free

Ccleaner

Smart Defrag 2

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

SUPERAntiSpyware Free.

All of which I've had since I installed Windows 8 with no problems what so ever. This problem just cropped up a few weeks ago.

Archived