.torrent wont link with appropriate files

icmcnelley

Hey guys,

This is my first post on here and, as i am sure this is common, it is for "please help me reasons".

The title basically explains what is going on.

Wider view -- i did a recent fresh install of Windows and, have had to reinstall most of the auxiliary programs. Utorrent, was one of those. I have gone through the process of reading the help files on here that gloss over the issue i am having, tried the advice they had for me, and yet, here i am, still asking for advice. Needless to say, the generic advice i received, didnt solve the issues that i am experiencing.

The ideas are very simple:

Point to where the .torrent files are held,

Point to where you want them from now on,

Point to where the completed downloads are. <-- THIS is where i am having the issue. I have pointed a few .torrents DIRECTLY at the files that are appropriate with it (containing folder specific)and, it then starts to download the torrent again INSIDE that folder.

My understanding of this program and its marvellousness was that, if pointed at the... 'main' download area on the HD, it will actually find the files it needs, check them and then seed if everything is hunky dory.

What i have tried (in a nutshell):

Pointing vaguely at the DIR

Pointing vaguely at the containing folder

Pointing very specifically at the containing folder.

STILL continues to re-download the files.

Anyone got some advice for me as to how to go about solving this, dilly of a pickle????? :/ ................. :|

What i have tried (in a nutshell):

Pointing vaguely at the DIR

Pointing vaguely at the containing folder

Pointing very specifically at the containing folder.

Did you try ... pointing to the PARENT folder?

Point to where the .torrent files are held,

Point to where you want them from now on,

Options -> Preferences -> Directories

AND ..... Read the uTorrent Owners Manual

Archived