strange error with coregraphics api / disk cache problems

pmartynas

Hi, I've just noticed that utorrent (1.8.4) shows strange error in system log:

Nov 16 16:57:15 Martynass-MacBook-Pro-2.local uTorrent[759]: Error: this application, or a library it uses, has passed an invalid numeric value (NaN, or not-a-number) to CoreGraphics API. This is a serious error and contributes to an overall degradation of system stability and reliability. This notice is a courtesy: please fix this problem. It will become a fatal error in an upcoming update.

It repeats every second. Maybe it explains why me and some other users, after upgrading to 10.9, get disk cache filled really fast and are stuck with 9.8kb/s? In my situation it happens every time when I try to download directly to external USB HDD. I usually download the files to internal hdd and then have them moved to the external one. In this situation there are no problems with disk cache. But for example if I have a torrent file with a few seasons of tv show already moved to external HDD with only one season downloaded and when I try to download a new season, disk cache fills in a few seconds. I did not have this problem prior updating to Mavericks.

I have a mid 2010 macbook pro with Hitachi 1TB (HDT721010SLA360) external drive connected via usb 2.0.

Something similar appears to have started happening now that I've updated my '08 Mac Pro to OSX 10.9.

Following log-in this afternoon and firing up uTorrent, the log started getting flooded with the following entry -

18/11/2013 13:13:52.779 uTorrent[380]: Error: this application, or a library it uses, has passed an invalid numeric value (NaN, or not-a-number) to CoreGraphics API. This is a serious error and contributes to an overall degradation of system stability and reliability. This notice is a courtesy: please fix this problem. It will become a fatal error in an upcoming update.

I had rebooted the machine, because desktop performance had degraded noticeably - with GUI widgets responding in a slow jerky fashion.

• 2 months later...

I am having exactly the same issue. Has anyone resolved this; figured out how to make it go away?

2/1/14 9:33:18.700 AM uTorrent[673]: Error: this application, or a library it uses, has passed an invalid numeric value (NaN, or not-a-number) to CoreGraphics API. This is a serious error and contributes to an overall degradation of system stability and reliability. This notice is a courtesy: please fix this problem. It will become a fatal error in an upcoming update.

Archived