Extract .torrent files from client?

esdeexx

Hi.

Is there any way to extract .torrent files that are currently in my client? I know they are stored in "Finished" folder, but they are mixed with the older .torrent files, which are not in my client anymore. I just want torrent files that are in my utorrent right now. Any solution how could I do this? Thanks.

Easiest way:

Move all the files into another folder,

Stop and start all the jobs.

Then move back the ones that fail to start and restart the job. You can read the file name in the error message or the logger tab.

Delelete the rest.

Longest way:

Open resume .dat (use BEncode)

Take a note of the .torrent file names listed

Keep those torrent files.

I am talking about about 2000 existing torrents btw, so noting which are missing seems more than painful.

That is not really a shortcoming of uTorrent, it's more a fault in the way you use it, uTorrent has never been a "workhorse" client and when never intended as an "all the bells and whistles" client either.

If you want a client that is "fully featured" use one that is.

Easiest way:

Move all the files into another folder,

Stop and start all the jobs.

Then move back the ones that fail to start and restart the job. You can read the file name in the error message or the logger tab.

Delelete the rest.

Which files do you move? The .torrent or the data?

Longest way:

Open resume .dat (use BEncode)

Take a note of the .torrent file names listed

Keep those torrent files.

Where is this file typically located?

I found the resume.dat file under AppData\Roaming\uTorrent while there I also see a bunch of .torrent files that look like duplicates of the torrents I have in the other folder. First, do I need those too. Next, what do they do and why do I have them? Lastly, if I don't need them can I just delete them all?

Archived