Announcing The New µTorrent Server for Linux

rockett

Engineering has new versions built and tested for Ubuntu 12.04 and 13.04, and Debian 6 and 7.  We are waiting on the deployment folks to make these available for download from the web site.

Maybe they could post a torrent more quickly :-)

Yesterday I downloaded and installed the server on Ubuntu 12.04 in my 32-bit netbook. Works just fine. However, after shutting down Firefox and rebooting my system, all the files I was downloading had disappeared. What's the good of that?

I normally use Transmission for downloading bit torrents in Linux but I've been using uTorrent client on Windows for years and I like it. Both Transmission and uTorrent (Windows) "remember" the activity at shutdown and restart it when the client is restarted. I would rather use a client in Ubuntu, not a server (although I don't understand the difference other than the Linux app runs in a browser. Why?).

Yesterday I downloaded and installed the server on Ubuntu 12.04 in my 32-bit netbook. Works just fine. 

Interesting, must be the 32 bit libc6 libraries are compatible or something. I'm running 64 bit and 12.04 only contains libc6 2.15. Unless you did a dist-upgrade and you are not really running 12.04 anymore?

steve

Engineering has new versions built and tested for Ubuntu 12.04 and 13.04, and Debian 6 and 7.  We are waiting on the deployment folks to make these available for download from the web site.

We are still waiting on the deployment folks to post the new versions to the web site.  We set up a system that should help them with this, and they have the new archives of the product; this task must be competing with their other responsibilities.  I apologize for the wait.

Archived