uTorrent crashes my whole computer constantly

Ouroboros

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

I have what looks like the same problem, when running uTorrent 1.6, after a couple hours, sometimes up to 2 days, the PC reboots by itself. Disabling automatic restart yields a BSOD with:

Page Fault in Non Paged Area

Stop 0x00000050 etc.

No specific driver is mentioned.

there is a definite link with uTorrent... If I do not run it, the PC will be stable for at least a week. if I start uTorrent, even to shut it down after a couple minutes, guaranteed reboot within 48 hours. I am also running emule, but it can go on downloading for weeks if no uTorrent.

My system is XP SP2 on Athlon X2 3800, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 2 GB excellent quality RAM, beefy Antec power supply, etc... and I say again extremely stable if no uTorrent. I am running NOD32 2.70, have excluded uTorrent.exe from IMON.

I have updated everything possible including the nVidia drivers, am NOT running the nVidia firewall, nor any other firewall (no ZoneAlarm, etc.) on the PC itself. After reading another thread here I tried running with NOD32 disabled, no change. I am fairly positive there is no junk on the PC, it's protected and monitored from the outside by a paranoid IDS and a real firewall, as well as periodically scanned from a known clean boot CD.

Any ideas? I really like uTorrent and would love to keep using it...

Thanks!

just to make sure it's really a uTorrent issue or not, I've been running with Azureus again since writing last post, and the PC is now stable... It's likely not bad RAM, or network card drivers, etc...

Any ideas? Azureus works OK, but is a resource hog compared to uTorrent, which is why I switched several months ago.

For what it's worth, I had a similar problem. My system would restart spontaneously 2-3 times per day while running utorrent. If I did not run utorrent, it would not restart. I take the system to LAN parties, run video encodes on it, etc, and never a crash. Yet running utorrent would guarante several crashes per day.

I say "would" because it is no longer having a problem. My router was having some problems where it would drop connections, even on the wired connections, every so often. Finally, it bit the dust. I hooked the DSL modem directly to my computer and set up a software firewall. Since then, I have not had a single restart in two weeks, even while running utorrent.

So, I wonder, is there some problem in utorrent that causes it to crash the system when the system loses its IP? Seems like an odd problem, but, like the previous poster, I am absolutely certain it was utorrent, as the system only crashed when running it.

Hi there.

Found this topic by the help of google.

I have a similar problem to the other guys posting here.

When i run uTorrent my PC crashes after a few minutes.

Mostly it start freezing in bits for a longer and longer time and then suddenly it reboots.

One time I've had a blue screen which say this:

"...

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

PCIIDEX.SYS

..."

I really don't know why that means. It didn't look as a memory error as blue screens often is.

Hope someone can help.

I had to change client back to Azureus again but I wanna switch to uTorrent if possible.

-r3g1uZ

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same problem. uTorrent seems to work fine for downloads, and I get great speeds, but if I am seeding something, forget it. I just got three BSOD's in less than 1 hour! You guys have to take a look at this. I don't have a choice - it's back to Azureus for me, I'm not willing to kill my whole system for uTorrent. If you fix it please post here so I an switch back.

Come on man.

No, I haven't seen that page but it has nothing to do with this problem.

"Q. Why do I receive a KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR code when I start my computer?"

The problem is not when the computer is started, it's when uTorrent is started.

Using the computer is troubleless but running uTorrent isn't - that's what causes the problems.

-r3g1uZ

That you can't even understand why I posted the link just shows you're uninterested in finding your problem. If every symptom had to be exactly the same, then the list of incompatible software in the FAQ would be useless -- but it's NOT. How do you explain people "magically" solving their problems by uninstalling some of the junk pieces of softwares listed there, EVEN IF they don't experience the exact problem described?

If we're going with your logic, then with the massively varying symptoms used to diagnose people with schizophrenia, I'm amazed anyone gets diagnosed with the disorder. Not everything has a 1:1 correspondence.

Hi,

I'm having a BSOD problem too. Although thing's seem to be the fault of uTorrent along with another program, this error only ever happens when I'm running uTorrent while on my PC; otherwise I've never had a crash. It happens if I leave uTorrent running by itself or am using it alongside other things and takes anytime between 30 mins - 2 hours so far.

The message I get is:

BAD_POOL_COOLER

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000C2 (0x00000007, 0x00000CD4, 0x02060001, 0x8610F4E0)

And there's a physical memory dump if that means anything...

I'm using 1.6, Zone Alarm [free] Firewall, and McAfee VirusScan Enterprise.

Any idea what's up? I would really like to continue using this since it takes up 1/10 of the resources Azureus does ( >.<)

I posted a thread about my computer reseting because of bittorrent and I think I am having the same problem as JollyJoker. I get the the error (TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.) in the error log.

This is a link to my thread http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=18249 with more details.

Hi.

I'm having the same problems.

At first I thought it was faulty memory, but I did a thorough memory check, with both memtest and with Vista's own memory diagnostics tool. The memory appears to be fine.

My system is rock solid, all the time, unless I start utorrent.

Then it'll surely crash within 30 minutes, but mostly in only a few minutes.

All the errors look like faults in the pagefile (pfn_pool, kernel_inpage_error, etc).

I'm running Vista RTM Ultimate, using Windows Firewall and Live Onecare (turning it off doesn't seem to make a difference).

I'm completely flabbergasted, because I'm *sure* utorrent worked fine on a previous installment of Vista RTM.

My PSU is a new 500W Spire thingy, and works very well, even on heavy games the computer doesn't flinch.

It's only utorrent that makes the computer crash through a BSOD.

• 2 weeks later...
Running any incompatible software as listed in the FAQ? McAfee, for one, is known for making crappy/buggy softwares.

Checked the FAQ and I'm not running any programs listed there bar McAfee AV (VirusScan Enterprise) but that's listed under a irrelevant/unrelated problem.

I don't know how computer-literate you guys are, but according to Windows: "The Stop 0xC2 error message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly tried to perform a memory operation."

Is there anything in uTorrent that "uses" (or whatever the term is) this?

I'm having the same problem...BUT I know how my computer will reboot. It's from the tracker for some reason. I tried this and it always happen. When I d/l from tracker 1 the computer never reboots by itself but if I'm d/ling from tracker 2 the computer will reboot after some time. There's nothing I can do really ; ;

whereami, the 1 tracker is probably just far busier -- sending more ips to try on the torrents. If you reduce µTorrent's half open connections max as well as max total connections (global and per torrent) then crashes should be less often.

...however DHT, UPnP, and resolve ips can crash marginal networking software and hardware. So try disabling ALL of that too.

ok well i am experiencing the same issue's. system crashes after running u torrent for a brief period. tonight i actually got it to run for almost an hour. i don't want to change to another torrent apz, u torrent has great speeds and an easy use. i did a few thing si read in the thread, i disabled automatic reboot so i could see the blue screen error. minus all the same stuff you always see in the blue screen error msg here is the technical info. 0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0X00F1EFE2, 0XF7F95C84, 0XF7F95980).

i also ran sysinternal and here is the save file.

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Wds\rdpwd\StartupPrograms

+ rdpclip RDP Clip Monitor Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\rdpclip.exe

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit

+ C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe Userinit Logon Application Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell

+ Explorer.exe Windows Explorer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\explorer.exe

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

+ KernelFaultCheck Windows Error Reporting Dump Reporting Tool Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\dumprep.exe

+ MSN Messenger c:\windows\explorer..exe

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

+ MSN Messenger c:\windows\explorer..exe

+ msnmsgr Messenger Microsoft Corporation c:\program files\msn messenger\msnmsgr.exe

+ Yahoo! Pager Yahoo! Messenger Yahoo! Inc. c:\program files\yahoo!\messenger\yahoomessenger.exe

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Protocols\Filter

+ application/octet-stream Microsoft .NET Runtime Execution Engine Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mscoree.dll

+ application/x-complus Microsoft .NET Runtime Execution Engine Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mscoree.dll

+ application/x-msdownload Microsoft .NET Runtime Execution Engine Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mscoree.dll

+ Class Install Handler OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll

+ deflate OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll

+ gzip OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll

+ lzdhtml OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll

+ text/webviewhtml Windows Shell Common Dll Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Protocols\Handler

+ about Microsoft ® HTML Viewer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mshtml.dll

+ cdl OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll

+ dvd ActiveX control for streaming video Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\msvidctl.dll

+ file OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll

+ ftp OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll

+ gopher OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll

+ http OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll

+ https OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll

+ its Microsoft® InfoTech Storage System Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\itss.dll

+ javascript Microsoft ® HTML Viewer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mshtml.dll

+ lid ActiveX control for streaming video Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\msvidctl.dll

+ livecall MSN Messenger Protocol Handler Microsoft Corporation c:\program files\msn messenger\msgrapp.8.0.0812.00.dll

+ local OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll

+ mailto Microsoft ® HTML Viewer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mshtml.dll

+ mhtml Microsoft Internet Messaging API Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\inetcomm.dll

+ mk OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll

+ ms-its Microsoft® InfoTech Storage System Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\itss.dll

+ msnim MSN Messenger Protocol Handler Microsoft Corporation c:\program files\msn messenger\msgrapp.8.0.0812.00.dll

+ res Microsoft ® HTML Viewer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mshtml.dll

+ sysimage Microsoft ® HTML Viewer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mshtml.dll

+ tv ActiveX control for streaming video Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\msvidctl.dll

+ vbscript Microsoft ® HTML Viewer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mshtml.dll

+ wia WIA Scripting Layer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wiascr.dll

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components

+ 0 File not found: About:Home

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components

+ Address Book 6 Outlook Express Setup Library Microsoft Corporation c:\program files\outlook express\setup50.exe

+ Browser Customizations Microsoft Internet Explorer Customization DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\iedkcs32.dll

+ Internet Explorer Windows NT User Data Migration Tool Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shmgrate.exe

+ Internet Explorer Windows Setup API Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\setupapi.dll

+ Internet Explorer 6 IE 5.0 Per-User Install Utility Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\ie4uinit.exe

+ Microsoft Outlook Express 6 Outlook Express Setup Library Microsoft Corporation c:\program files\outlook express\setup50.exe

+ Microsoft Windows Media Player ADVPACK Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\advpack.dll

+ n/a Microsoft .NET IE SECURITY REGISTRATION Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mscories.dll

+ n/a c:\windows\explorer..exe

+ NetMeeting 3.01 ADVPACK Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\advpack.dll

+ Outlook Express Windows NT User Data Migration Tool Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shmgrate.exe

+ Themes Setup Microsoft© Register Server Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\regsvr32.exe

+ Windows Desktop Update Microsoft© Register Server Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\regsvr32.exe

+ Windows Media Player Microsoft Windows Media Player Setup Utility Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\inf\unregmp2.exe

+ Windows Messenger 4.7 ADVPACK Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\advpack.dll

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler

+ Browseui preloader Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Component Categories cache daemon Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad

+ CDBurn Windows Shell Common Dll Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll

+ PostBootReminder Windows Shell Common Dll Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll

+ SysTray Systray shell service object Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\stobject.dll

+ WebCheck Web Site Monitor Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\webcheck.dll

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks

+ shell32.dll Windows Shell Common Dll Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved

+ %DESC_PublishDropTarget% Photo Printing Wizard Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\photowiz.dll

+ &Address Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ .CAB file viewer Cabinet File Viewer Shell Extension Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\cabview.dll

+ Accessible Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ ActiveX Cache Folder Object Control Viewer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\occache.dll

+ Address Bar Parser Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Address EditBox Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Administrative Tools Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Audio Media Properties Handler Media File Property Extractor Shell Extension Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shmedia.dll

+ Augmented Shell Folder Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Augmented Shell Folder 2 Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Auto Update Property Sheet Extension Automatic Updates Control Panel Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wuaucpl.cpl

+ Avi Properties Handler Media File Property Extractor Shell Extension Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shmedia.dll

+ BandProxy Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Briefcase Windows Briefcase Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\syncui.dll

+ Catalyst Context Menu extension ACE Context Menu c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\atiacmxx.dll

+ CDF Extension Copy Hook Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Channel File Channel Definition File Viewer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\cdfview.dll

+ Channel Handler Object Channel Definition File Viewer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\cdfview.dll

+ Channel Menu Channel Definition File Viewer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\cdfview.dll

+ Channel Properties Channel Definition File Viewer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\cdfview.dll

+ Channel Shortcut Channel Definition File Viewer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\cdfview.dll

+ Code Download Agent Web Site Monitor Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\webcheck.dll

+ Compatibility Page Compatibility Tab Shell Extension DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\slayerxp.dll

+ Compressed (zipped) Folder Compressed (zipped) Folders Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\zipfldr.dll

+ Compressed (zipped) Folder Right Drag Handler Compressed (zipped) Folders Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\zipfldr.dll

+ Compressed (zipped) Folder SendTo Target Compressed (zipped) Folders Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\zipfldr.dll

+ ConnectionAgent Web Site Monitor Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\webcheck.dll

+ Crypto PKO Extension Crypto Shell Extensions Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\cryptext.dll

+ Crypto Sign Extension Crypto Shell Extensions Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\cryptext.dll

+ Custom MRU AutoCompleted List Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Darwin App Publisher Shell Application Manager Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\appwiz.cpl

+ DfsShell Distributed File System shell extension Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\dfsshlex.dll

+ Directory Context Menu Verbs Directory Service Common UI Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\dsuiext.dll

+ Directory Object Find Directory Service Find Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\dsquery.dll

+ Directory Property UI Directory Service Common UI Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\dsuiext.dll

+ Directory Query UI Directory Service Find Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\dsquery.dll

+ Directory Start/Search Find Directory Service Find Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\dsquery.dll

+ Disk Copy Extension Windows DiskCopy Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\diskcopy.dll

+ Disk Quota UI Windows Shell Disk Quota UI DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\dskquoui.dll

+ Display Adapter CPL Extension Advanced display adapter properties Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\deskadp.dll

+ Display Monitor CPL Extension Advanced display monitor properties Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\deskmon.dll

+ Display Panning CPL Extension File not found: deskpan.dll

+ Display TroubleShoot CPL Extension Advanced display performance properties Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\deskperf.dll

+ Download Status Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ DS Security Page Directory Service Security UI Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\dssec.dll

+ E-mail Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Explorer Band Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Extensions Manager Folder Extensions Manager Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\extmgr.dll

+ Favorites Band Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Fonts Windows Font Folder Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\fontext.dll

+ Fonts Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ For &People... Find People Microsoft Corporation c:\program files\outlook express\wabfind.dll

+ FTP Folders Webview Microsoft Internet Explorer FTP Folder Shell Extension Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\msieftp.dll

+ Fusion Cache Microsoft .NET Runtime Execution Engine Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mscoree.dll

+ GDI+ file thumbnail extractor Windows Picture and Fax Viewer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shimgvw.dll

+ Get a Passport Wizard Map Network Drives/Network Places Wizard Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\netplwiz.dll

+ Global Folder Settings Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Help and Support Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Help and Support Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ History Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ HTML Thumbnail Extractor Windows Picture and Fax Viewer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shimgvw.dll

+ HyperTerminal Icon Ext HyperTerminal Applet Library Hilgraeve, Inc. c:\windows\system32\hticons.dll

+ ICC Profile Microsoft Color Matching System User Interface DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\icmui.dll

+ ICM Monitor Management Microsoft Color Matching System User Interface DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\icmui.dll

+ ICM Printer Management Microsoft Color Matching System User Interface DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\icmui.dll

+ ICM Scanner Management Microsoft Color Matching System User Interface DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\icmui.dll

+ IE4 Suite Splash Screen Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ In-pane search Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Installed Apps Enumerator Shell Application Manager Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\appwiz.cpl

+ Internet Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Internet Name Space Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ InternetShortcut Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ ISFBand OC Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Messenger Sharing Folders Messenger File Sharing Shell Extensions Microsoft Corporation c:\program files\msn messenger\fsshext.8.0.0812.00.dll

+ Microsoft Agent Character Property Sheet Handler Microsoft Agent Property Sheet Handler Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\msagent\agentpsh.dll

+ Microsoft AutoComplete Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Microsoft Browser Architecture Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Microsoft BrowserBand Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Microsoft Data Link Microsoft Data Access - OLE DB Core Services Microsoft Corporation c:\program files\common files\system\ole db\oledb32.dll

+ Microsoft DocProp Inplace Calendar Control Microsoft DocProp Shell Ext Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\docprop2.dll

+ Microsoft DocProp Inplace Droplist Combo Control Microsoft DocProp Shell Ext Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\docprop2.dll

+ Microsoft DocProp Inplace Edit Box Control Microsoft DocProp Shell Ext Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\docprop2.dll

+ Microsoft DocProp Inplace ML Edit Box Control Microsoft DocProp Shell Ext Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\docprop2.dll

+ Microsoft DocProp Inplace Time Control Microsoft DocProp Shell Ext Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\docprop2.dll

+ Microsoft DocProp Shell Ext Microsoft DocProp Shell Ext Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\docprop2.dll

+ Microsoft History AutoComplete List Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Microsoft Internet Toolbar Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Microsoft Multiple AutoComplete List Container Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Microsoft Shell Folder AutoComplete List Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Microsoft Url History Service Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Microsoft Url Search Hook Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Midi Properties Handler Media File Property Extractor Shell Extension Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shmedia.dll

+ MMC Icon Handler MMC Shell Extension DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mmcshext.dll

+ MRU AutoComplete List Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Multimedia File Property Sheet Control Panel Drivers Applet Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mmsys.cpl

+ Multiscan zlavscan shell extension Zone Labs, LLC c:\program files\zone labs\zonealarm\zlavscan.dll

+ MyDocs Copy Hook My Documents Folder UI Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mydocs.dll

+ MyDocs Drop Target My Documents Folder UI Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mydocs.dll

+ MyDocs Properties My Documents Folder UI Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mydocs.dll

+ NeroDigitalIconHandler Nero Digital Shell Extension Nero AG c:\program files\common files\ahead\lib\nerodigitalext.dll

+ NeroDigitalPropSheetHandler Nero Digital Shell Extension Nero AG c:\program files\common files\ahead\lib\nerodigitalext.dll

+ Network Connections Network Connections Shell Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\netshell.dll

+ Network Connections Network Connections Shell Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\netshell.dll

+ NTFS Security Page Security Shell Extension Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\rshx32.dll

+ Offline Files Folder Client Side Caching UI Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\cscui.dll

+ Offline Files Folder Options Client Side Caching UI Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\cscui.dll

+ Offline Files Menu Client Side Caching UI Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\cscui.dll

+ OLE Docfile Property Page OLE DocFile Property Page Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\docprop.dll

+ PlusPack CPL Extension Windows Theme API Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\themeui.dll

+ Portable Media Devices Portable Media Devices Shell Extension Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\audiodev.dll

+ Portable Media Devices Menu Portable Media Devices Shell Extension Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\audiodev.dll

+ PostAgent Web Site Monitor Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\webcheck.dll

+ Previous Versions Previous Versions property page Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\twext.dll

+ Previous Versions Property Page Previous Versions property page Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\twext.dll

+ Print Ordering via the Web Map Network Drives/Network Places Wizard Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\netplwiz.dll

+ Printers Security Page Security Shell Extension Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\rshx32.dll

+ Registry Tree Options Utility Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Remote Sessions CPL Extension Remote Sessions CPL Extension Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\remotepg.dll

+ Run... Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Scanners & Cameras Imaging Devices Shell Folder UI Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wiashext.dll

+ Scanners & Cameras Imaging Devices Shell Folder UI Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wiashext.dll

+ Scheduled Tasks Task Scheduler interface DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mstask.dll

+ Search Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Search Assistant OC Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Search Band Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Sendmail service Send Mail Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\sendmail.dll

+ Sendmail service Send Mail Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\sendmail.dll

+ Set Program Access and Defaults Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Shell Application Manager Shell Application Manager Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\appwiz.cpl

+ Shell Automation Inproc Service Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Shell Band Site Menu Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Shell DeskBar Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Shell DeskBarApp Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Shell DocObject Viewer Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Shell extensions for Microsoft Windows Network objects Network object shell UI Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\ntlanui2.dll

+ Shell extensions for sharing Shell extensions for sharing Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\ntshrui.dll

+ Shell extensions for sharing Shell extensions for sharing Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\ntshrui.dll

+ Shell extensions for Windows Script Host Microsoft ® Shell Extension for Windows Script Host Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wshext.dll

+ Shell Image Data Factory Windows Picture and Fax Viewer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shimgvw.dll

+ Shell Image Property Handler Windows Picture and Fax Viewer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shimgvw.dll

+ Shell Image Verbs Windows Picture and Fax Viewer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shimgvw.dll

+ Shell properties for a DS object Directory Service Find Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\dsquery.dll

+ Shell Publishing Wizard Object Map Network Drives/Network Places Wizard Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\netplwiz.dll

+ Shell Rebar BandSite Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Shell Scrap DataHandler Shell scrap object handler Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shscrap.dll

+ Shell Search Band Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Subscription Folder Web Site Monitor Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\webcheck.dll

+ Subscription Mgr Web Site Monitor Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\webcheck.dll

+ Summary Info Thumbnail handler (DOCFILES) Windows Picture and Fax Viewer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shimgvw.dll

+ Taskbar and Start Menu Windows Shell Common Dll Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll

+ Tasks Folder Icon Handler Task Scheduler interface DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mstask.dll

+ Tasks Folder Shell Extension Task Scheduler interface DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mstask.dll

+ Temporary Internet Files Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Temporary Internet Files Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ The Internet Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ Track Popup Bar Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ TrayAgent Web Site Monitor Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\webcheck.dll

+ TridentImageExtractor Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ User Accounts Map Network Drives/Network Places Wizard Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\netplwiz.dll

+ User Assist Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ Video Media Properties Handler Media File Property Extractor Shell Extension Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shmedia.dll

+ Video Thumbnail Extractor Media File Property Extractor Shell Extension Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shmedia.dll

+ Wav Properties Handler Media File Property Extractor Shell Extension Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shmedia.dll

+ Web Folders Microsoft Web Folders Microsoft Corporation c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\web folders\msonsext.dll

+ Web Printer Shell Extension Print UI DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\printui.dll

+ Web Publishing Wizard Map Network Drives/Network Places Wizard Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\netplwiz.dll

+ Web Search Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

+ WebCheck Web Site Monitor Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\webcheck.dll

+ WebCheck SyncMgr Handler Web Site Monitor Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\webcheck.dll

+ WebCheckChannelAgent Web Site Monitor Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\webcheck.dll

+ WebCheckWebCrawler Web Site Monitor Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\webcheck.dll

+ Windows Media Player Add to Playlist Context Menu Handler Windows Media Player Launcher Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wmpshell.dll

+ Windows Media Player Burn Audio CD Context Menu Handler Windows Media Player Launcher Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wmpshell.dll

+ Windows Media Player Play as Playlist Context Menu Handler Windows Media Player Launcher Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wmpshell.dll

+ WinRAR shell extension j:\winrar\rarext.dll

+ Yahoo! Mail YMMAPI Module Yahoo! Inc. c:\program files\yahoo!\common\ymmapi.dll

HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\Shellex\ColumnHandlers

+ NeroDigitalColumnHandler Class Nero Digital Shell Extension Nero AG c:\program files\common files\ahead\lib\nerodigitalext.dll

+ PDF Shell Extension PDF Shell Extension Adobe Systems, Inc. c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\pdfshell.dll

+ {0D2E74C4-3C34-11d2-A27E-00C04FC30871} Windows Shell Common Dll Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll

+ {24F14F01-7B1C-11d1-838f-0000F80461CF} Windows Shell Common Dll Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll

+ {24F14F02-7B1C-11d1-838f-0000F80461CF} Windows Shell Common Dll Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll

+ {66742402-F9B9-11D1-A202-0000F81FEDEE} Windows Shell Common Dll Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects

+ Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper Adobe PDF Helper for Internet Explorer Adobe Systems Incorporated c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\acroiehelper.dll

+ SSVHelper Class Java 2 Platform Standard Edition binary Sun Microsystems, Inc. c:\program files\java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll

+ Windows Live Sign-in Helper WindowsLiveLogin.dll Microsoft Corporation c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\windowslivelogin.dll

+ Yahoo! IE Services Button Yahoo! IE Services Yahoo! Inc. c:\program files\yahoo!\common\yiesrvc.dll

+ Yahoo! Toolbar Helper Yahoo! Toolbar Yahoo! Inc. c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dll

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UrlSearchHooks

+ shdocvw.dll Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

+ yt.dll Yahoo! Toolbar Yahoo! Inc. c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dll

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar

+ yt.dll Yahoo! Toolbar Yahoo! Inc. c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dll

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions

+ Run IMVU File not found: C:\Documents and Settings\Shannon Lee\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk

+ Windows Messenger File not found: C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

+ Ati HotKey Poller ATI External Event Utility EXE Module ATI Technologies Inc. c:\windows\system32\ati2evxx.exe

+ ATI Smart ATI Smart c:\windows\system32\ati2sgag.exe

+ AudioSrv Manages audio devices for Windows-based programs. If this service is stopped, audio devices and effects will not function properly. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\audiosrv.dll

+ Browser Maintains an updated list of computers on the network and supplies this list to computers designated as browsers. If this service is stopped, this list will not be updated or maintained. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\browser.dll

+ CryptSvc Provides three management services: Catalog Database Service, which confirms the signatures of Windows files; Protected Root Service, which adds and removes Trusted Root Certification Authority certificates from this computer; and Key Service, which helps enroll this computer for certificates. If this service is stopped, these management services will not function properly. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\cryptsvc.dll

+ DcomLaunch Provides launch functionality for DCOM services. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\rpcss.dll

+ Dhcp Manages network configuration by registering and updating IP addresses and DNS names. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\dhcpcsvc.dll

+ dmserver Detects and monitors new hard disk drives and sends disk volume information to Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service for configuration. If this service is stopped, dynamic disk status and configuration information may become out of date. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Microsoft Corp. c:\windows\system32\dmserver.dll

+ Dnscache Resolves and caches Domain Name System (DNS) names for this computer. If this service is stopped, this computer will not be able to resolve DNS names and locate Active Directory domain controllers. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\dnsrslvr.dll

+ Eventlog Enables event log messages issued by Windows-based programs and components to be viewed in Event Viewer. This service cannot be stopped. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\services.exe

+ HidServ Enables generic input access to Human Interface Devices (HID), which activates and maintains the use of predefined hot buttons on keyboards, remote controls, and other multimedia devices. If this service is stopped, hot buttons controlled by this service will no longer function. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\hidserv.dll

+ lanmanserver Supports file, print, and named-pipe sharing over the network for this computer. If this service is stopped, these functions will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\srvsvc.dll

+ lanmanworkstation Creates and maintains client network connections to remote servers. If this service is stopped, these connections will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wkssvc.dll

+ LmHosts Enables support for NetBIOS over TCP/IP (NetBT) service and NetBIOS name resolution. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\lmhsvc.dll

+ PlugPlay Enables a computer to recognize and adapt to hardware changes with little or no user input. Stopping or disabling this service will result in system instability. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\services.exe

+ PolicyAgent Manages IP security policy and starts the ISAKMP/Oakley (IKE) and the IP security driver. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe

+ ProtectedStorage Provides protected storage for sensitive data, such as private keys, to prevent access by unauthorized services, processes, or users. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe

+ RemoteRegistry Enables remote users to modify registry settings on this computer. If this service is stopped, the registry can be modified only by users on this computer. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\regsvc.dll

+ RpcSs Provides the endpoint mapper and other miscellaneous RPC services. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\rpcss.dll

+ SamSs Stores security information for local user accounts. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe

+ Schedule Enables a user to configure and schedule automated tasks on this computer. If this service is stopped, these tasks will not be run at their scheduled times. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\schedsvc.dll

+ seclogon Enables starting processes under alternate credentials. If this service is stopped, this type of logon access will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\seclogon.dll

+ SENS Tracks system events such as Windows logon, network, and power events. Notifies COM+ Event System subscribers of these events. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\sens.dll

+ SharedAccess Provides network address translation, addressing, name resolution and/or intrusion prevention services for a home or small office network. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\ipnathlp.dll

+ ShellHWDetection Windows Shell Services Dll Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shsvcs.dll

+ Spooler Loads files to memory for later printing. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe

+ srservice Performs system restore functions. To stop service, turn off System Restore from the System Restore tab in My Computer->Properties Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\srsvc.dll

+ stisvc Provides image acquisition services for scanners and cameras. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wiaservc.dll

+ Themes Provides user experience theme management. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shsvcs.dll

+ TrkWks Maintains links between NTFS files within a computer or across computers in a network domain. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\trkwks.dll

+ UMWdf Enables Windows user mode drivers. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wdfmgr.exe

+ vsmon Monitors internet traffic and generates alerts for disallowed access. Zone Labs, LLC c:\windows\system32\zonelabs\vsmon.exe

+ W32Time Maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped, date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\w32time.dll

+ WebClient Enables Windows-based programs to create, access, and modify Internet-based files. If this service is stopped, these functions will not be available. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\webclnt.dll

+ winmgmt Provides a common interface and object model to access management information about operating system, devices, applications and services. If this service is stopped, most Windows-based software will not function properly. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wbem\wmisvc.dll

+ wscsvc Monitors system security settings and configurations. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wscsvc.dll

+ wuauserv Enables the download and installation of Windows updates. If this service is disabled, this computer will not be able to use the Automatic Updates feature or the Windows Update Web site. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wuauserv.dll

+ WZCSVC Provides automatic configuration for the 802.11 adapters Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wzcsvc.dll

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

+ ACPI ACPI Driver for NT Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\acpi.sys

+ aec Microsoft Acoustic Echo Canceller Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\aec.sys

+ AFD AFD Networking Support Environment Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\afd.sys

+ agp440 440 NT AGP Filter Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\agp440.sys

+ Arp1394 1394 ARP Client Protocol Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\arp1394.sys

+ AsyncMac RAS Asynchronous Media Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\asyncmac.sys

+ atapi IDE/ATAPI Port Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\atapi.sys

+ ati2mtag ATI Radeon WindowsNT Miniport Driver ATI Technologies Inc. c:\windows\system32\drivers\ati2mtag.sys

+ Atmarpc ATM ARP Client Protocol Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\atmarpc.sys

+ audstub AudStub Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\audstub.sys

+ Bridge MAC Bridge Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\bridge.sys

+ BridgeMP MAC Bridge Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\bridge.sys

+ CCDECODE WDM Closed Caption VBI Codec Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\ccdecode.sys

+ Cdrom SCSI CD-ROM Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys

+ ctac32k Creative AC3 SW Decoder Device Driver (WDM) Creative Technology Ltd c:\windows\system32\drivers\ctac32k.sys

+ ctaud2k Creative WDM Audio Device Driver Creative Technology Ltd c:\windows\system32\drivers\ctaud2k.sys

+ ctdvda2k Creative DVD-Audio Device Driver (WDM) Creative Technology Ltd c:\windows\system32\drivers\ctdvda2k.sys

+ ctprxy2k Creative Proxy Device Driver (WDM) Creative Technology Ltd c:\windows\system32\drivers\ctprxy2k.sys

+ ctsfm2k SoundFont® Manager (WDM) Creative Technology Ltd c:\windows\system32\drivers\ctsfm2k.sys

+ CV2K1 CommView Network Monitor TamoSoft, Inc. c:\windows\system32\drivers\cv2k1.sys

+ Disk PnP Disk Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\disk.sys

+ dmio NT Disk Manager I/O Driver Microsoft Corp., Veritas Software c:\windows\system32\drivers\dmio.sys

+ dmload NT Disk Manager Startup Driver Microsoft Corp., Veritas Software. c:\windows\system32\drivers\dmload.sys

+ DMusic Microsoft Kernel DLS Synthesizer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\dmusic.sys

+ drmkaud Microsoft Kernel DRM Audio Descrambler Filter Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\drmkaud.sys

+ eeCtrl File not found: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\eeCtrl.sys

+ emupia E-mu Plug-in Architecture Driver (WDM) Creative Technology Ltd c:\windows\system32\drivers\emupia2k.sys

+ EraserUtilRebootDrv File not found: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys

+ extradrv c:\windows\system32\drivers\extradrv.sys

+ Fdc Floppy Disk Controller Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\fdc.sys

+ Flpydisk Floppy Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\flpydisk.sys

+ Ftdisk FT Disk Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\ftdisk.sys

+ gameenum Game Port Enumerator Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\gameenum.sys

+ Gpc Generic Packet Classifier Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\msgpc.sys

+ ha10kx2k Creative EMU10KX HAL (WDM) Creative Technology Ltd c:\windows\system32\drivers\ha10kx2k.sys

+ hap16v2k Creative EMU10KX-P16v HAL (WDM) Creative Technology Ltd c:\windows\system32\drivers\hap16v2k.sys

+ hap17v2k Creative EMU10KX-P17v HAL (WDM) Creative Technology Ltd c:\windows\system32\drivers\hap17v2k.sys

+ hidusb USB Miniport Driver for Input Devices Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\hidusb.sys

+ HTTP This service implements the hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP). If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\http.sys

+ i8042prt i8042 Port Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\i8042prt.sys

+ intelppm Processor Device Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys

+ ip6fw Provides intrusion prevention service for a home or small office network. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\ip6fw.sys

+ IpFilterDriver IP Traffic Filter Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\ipfltdrv.sys

+ IpInIp IP in IP Tunnel Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\ipinip.sys

+ IpNat IP Network Address Translator Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\ipnat.sys

+ IPSec IPSEC driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\ipsec.sys

+ IRENUM Infra-Red Bus Enumerator Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\irenum.sys

+ isapnp PNP ISA Bus Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\isapnp.sys

+ Kbdclass Keyboard Class Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\kbdclass.sys

+ kbdhid HID Mouse Filter Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\kbdhid.sys

+ kmixer Kernel Mode Audio Mixer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\kmixer.sys

+ Mouclass Mouse Class Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\mouclass.sys

+ mouhid HID Mouse Filter Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\mouhid.sys

+ ms_mpu401 MPU401 Adapter Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\msmpu401.sys

+ MSKSSRV MS KS Server Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\mskssrv.sys

+ MSPCLOCK MS Proxy Clock Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\mspclock.sys

+ MSPQM MS Proxy Quality Manager Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\mspqm.sys

+ mssmbios System Management BIOS Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\mssmbios.sys

+ MSTEE WDM Tee/Communication Transform Filter Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\mstee.sys

+ NABTSFEC WDM NABTS/FEC VBI Codec Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\nabtsfec.sys

+ NdisIP Microsoft IP Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\ndisip.sys

+ NdisTapi Remote Access NDIS TAPI Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\ndistapi.sys

+ Ndisuio NDIS Usermode I/O Protocol Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\ndisuio.sys

+ NdisWan Remote Access NDIS WAN Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\ndiswan.sys

+ NetBT NetBios over Tcpip Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\netbt.sys

+ NIC1394 IEEE1394 Ndis Miniport and Call Manager Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\nic1394.sys

+ nm Netmon NT Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\nmnt.sys

+ NPF File not found: system32\drivers\npf.sys

+ NwlnkFlt IPX Traffic Filter Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\nwlnkflt.sys

+ NwlnkFwd IPX Traffic Forwarder Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\nwlnkfwd.sys

+ ohci1394 1394 OpenHCI Port Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\ohci1394.sys

+ ossrv Creative OS Services Driver (WDM) Creative Technology Ltd. c:\windows\system32\drivers\ctoss2k.sys

+ P1110VID Video streaming and Capture Device Driver Creative Technology Ltd. c:\windows\system32\drivers\p1110vid.sys

+ Parport Parallel Port Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\parport.sys

+ PCDCODEC ATI Specialized PCD VBI Codec RT2 ATI Technologies Inc. c:\windows\system32\drivers\atinpdxx.sys

+ PCI NT Plug and Play PCI Enumerator Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\pci.sys

+ PCIIde Generic PCI IDE Bus Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\pciide.sys

+ Pcouffin File not found: System32\Drivers\Pcouffin.sys

+ PptpMiniport WAN Miniport (PPTP) Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\raspptp.sys

+ Processor Processor Device Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\processr.sys

+ PSched QoS Packet Scheduler Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\psched.sys

+ Ptilink Direct Parallel Link Driver Parallel Technologies, Inc. c:\windows\system32\drivers\ptilink.sys

+ ramdrive c:\windows\system32\drivers\ramdrive.sys

+ RasAcd Remote Access Auto Connection Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\rasacd.sys

+ Rasl2tp WAN Miniport (L2TP) Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\rasl2tp.sys

+ RasPppoe Remote Access PPPOE Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\raspppoe.sys

+ Raspti Direct Parallel Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\raspti.sys

+ RDPCDD RDP Miniport Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\rdpcdd.sys

+ rdpdr Microsoft RDP Device redirector Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\rdpdr.sys

+ redbook Redbook Audio Filter Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\redbook.sys

+ rtl8139 Realtek RTL8139 NDIS 5.0 Driver Realtek Semiconductor Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtl8139.sys

+ Secdrv SafeDisc driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\secdrv.sys

+ serenum Serial Port Enumerator Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\serenum.sys

+ Serial Serial Device Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\serial.sys

+ SLIP Microsoft Slip Deframing Filter Minidriver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\slip.sys

+ splitter Microsoft Kernel Audio Splitter Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\splitter.sys

+ sptd SCSI Pass Through Direct Host Duplex Secure Ltd. c:\windows\system32\drivers\sptd.sys

+ srescan srescan Zone Labs, LLC c:\windows\system32\zonelabs\srescan.sys

+ streamip Microsoft IP Test Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\streamip.sys

+ swenum Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\swenum.sys

+ swmidi Microsoft GS Wavetable Synthesizer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\swmidi.sys

+ SYMIDSCO File not found: C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SymcData\IDS-DI~1\20060922.092\symidsco.sys

+ sysaudio System Audio WDM Filter Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\sysaudio.sys

+ Tcpip TCP/IP Protocol Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys

+ TermDD Terminal Server Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\termdd.sys

+ ts_lb CommView Loopback Driver 2000/XP/2003 TamoSoft, Inc. c:\windows\system32\drivers\ts_lb.sys

+ TSCOMM CommStudio Virtual Adapter by TamoSoft TamoSoft, Inc. c:\windows\system32\drivers\tscomm.sys

+ TTDec ATI WDM Teletext Decoder ATI Technologies Inc. c:\windows\system32\drivers\atinttxx.sys

+ Update Update Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\update.sys

+ usbccgp USB Common Class Generic Parent Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\usbccgp.sys

+ usbehci EHCI eUSB Miniport Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\usbehci.sys

+ usbhub Default Hub Driver for USB Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys

+ usbprint USB Printer driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\usbprint.sys

+ usbscan USB Scanner Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\usbscan.sys

+ usbuhci UHCI USB Miniport Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\usbuhci.sys

+ VgaSave Controls the VGA display adapter to provide basic display capabilities. Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\vga.sys

+ vsdatant TrueVector Device Driver Zone Labs, LLC c:\windows\system32\vsdatant.sys

+ Wanarp Remote Access IP ARP Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\wanarp.sys

+ wdmaud MMSYSTEM Wave/Midi API mapper Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\wdmaud.sys

+ WSTCODEC WDM WST Codec Driver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drivers\wstcodec.sys

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\BootExecute

+ autocheck autochk * Auto Check Utility Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\autochk.exe

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options

+ Your Image File Name Here without a path Symbolic Debugger for Windows 2000 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\ntsd.exe

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\KnownDlls

+ advapi32 Advanced Windows 32 Base API Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\advapi32.dll

+ comdlg32 Common Dialogs DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\comdlg32.dll

+ gdi32 GDI Client DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\gdi32.dll

+ imagehlp Windows NT Image Helper Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\imagehlp.dll

+ kernel32 Windows NT BASE API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\kernel32.dll

+ lz32 LZ Expand/Compress API DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\lz32.dll

+ ole32 Microsoft OLE for Windows Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\ole32.dll

+ oleaut32 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\oleaut32.dll

+ olecli32 Object Linking and Embedding Client Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\olecli32.dll

+ olecnv32 Microsoft OLE for Windows Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\olecnv32.dll

+ olesvr32 Object Linking and Embedding Server Library Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\olesvr32.dll

+ olethk32 Microsoft OLE for Windows Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\olethk32.dll

+ rpcrt4 Remote Procedure Call Runtime Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\rpcrt4.dll

+ shell32 Windows Shell Common Dll Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll

+ url Internet Shortcut Shell Extension DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\url.dll

+ urlmon OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll

+ user32 Windows XP USER API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\user32.dll

+ version Version Checking and File Installation Libraries Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\version.dll

+ wininet Internet Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll

+ wldap32 Win32 LDAP API DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wldap32.dll

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\UIHost

+ logonui.exe Windows Logon UI Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\logonui.exe

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify

+ AtiExtEvent ATI External Event Utility DLL Module ATI Technologies Inc. c:\windows\system32\ati2evxx.dll

+ crypt32chain Crypto API32 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\crypt32.dll

+ cryptnet Crypto Network Related API Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\cryptnet.dll

+ cscdll Offline Network Agent Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\cscdll.dll

+ ScCertProp Common DLL to receive Winlogon notifications Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wlnotify.dll

+ Schedule Common DLL to receive Winlogon notifications Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wlnotify.dll

+ sclgntfy Secondary Logon Service Notification DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\sclgntfy.dll

+ SensLogn Common DLL to receive Winlogon notifications Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wlnotify.dll

+ termsrv Common DLL to receive Winlogon notifications Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wlnotify.dll

+ wlballoon Common DLL to receive Winlogon notifications Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wlnotify.dll

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Scrnsave.exe

+ C:\WINDOWS\System32\ssstars.scr Starfield Screen Saver Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\ssstars.scr

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9

+ CA ISafe LSP ISafe LSP Computer Associates International, Inc. c:\windows\system32\zonelabs\vetredir.dll

+ CA ISafe LSP over [MSAFD Tcpip [RAW/IP]] ISafe LSP Computer Associates International, Inc. c:\windows\system32\zonelabs\vetredir.dll

+ CA ISafe LSP over [MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP]] ISafe LSP Computer Associates International, Inc. c:\windows\system32\zonelabs\vetredir.dll

+ CA ISafe LSP over [MSAFD Tcpip [uDP/IP]] ISafe LSP Computer Associates International, Inc. c:\windows\system32\zonelabs\vetredir.dll

+ MSAFD NetBIOS [\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{20173E70-95D0-4277-91EE-C74B9E0D6A03}] DATAGRAM 5 Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mswsock.dll

+ MSAFD NetBIOS [\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{20173E70-95D0-4277-91EE-C74B9E0D6A03}] SEQPACKET 5 Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mswsock.dll

+ MSAFD NetBIOS [\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{31D6B6CE-A484-4CA8-AD5F-57F80F9C2378}] DATAGRAM 3 Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mswsock.dll

+ MSAFD NetBIOS [\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{31D6B6CE-A484-4CA8-AD5F-57F80F9C2378}] SEQPACKET 3 Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mswsock.dll

+ MSAFD NetBIOS [\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{588B6646-A43B-48CC-9CFD-DB24AEBA3296}] DATAGRAM 4 Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mswsock.dll

+ MSAFD NetBIOS [\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{588B6646-A43B-48CC-9CFD-DB24AEBA3296}] SEQPACKET 4 Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mswsock.dll

+ MSAFD NetBIOS [\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{B1CA77F8-D323-4FC9-B4E5-2BE65D20883B}] DATAGRAM 2 Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mswsock.dll

+ MSAFD NetBIOS [\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{B1CA77F8-D323-4FC9-B4E5-2BE65D20883B}] SEQPACKET 2 Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mswsock.dll

+ MSAFD NetBIOS [\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{F2802E98-60FA-47AE-A4A4-579208F65D75}] DATAGRAM 0 Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mswsock.dll

+ MSAFD NetBIOS [\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{F2802E98-60FA-47AE-A4A4-579208F65D75}] SEQPACKET 0 Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mswsock.dll

+ MSAFD Tcpip [RAW/IP] Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mswsock.dll

+ MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP] Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mswsock.dll

+ MSAFD Tcpip [uDP/IP] Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mswsock.dll

+ RSVP TCP Service Provider Microsoft Windows Rsvp 1.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\rsvpsp.dll

+ RSVP UDP Service Provider Microsoft Windows Rsvp 1.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\rsvpsp.dll

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors

+ BJ Language Monitor Langage Monitor for Canon Bubble-Jet Printer Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\cnbjmon.dll

+ Local Port Local Spooler DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\localspl.dll

+ PJL Language Monitor PJL Language monitor Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\pjlmon.dll

+ Standard TCP/IP Port Standard TCP/IP Port Monitor DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\tcpmon.dll

+ USB Monitor Standard Dynamic Printing Port Monitor DLL Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\usbmon.dll

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SecurityProviders

+ digest.dll Digest SSPI Authentication Package Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\digest.dll

+ msapsspc.dll DPA Client for 32 bit platforms Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\msapsspc.dll

+ msnsspc.dll MSN Internet Access Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\msnsspc.dll

+ schannel.dll TLS / SSL Security Provider Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\schannel.dll

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Authentication Packages

+ msv1_0 Microsoft Authentication Package v1.0 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\msv1_0.dll

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Notification Packages

+ scecli Windows Security Configuration Editor Client Engine Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\scecli.dll

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Security Packages

+ kerberos Kerberos Security Package Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\kerberos.dll

+ msv1_0 Microsoft Authentication Package v1.0 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\msv1_0.dll

+ schannel TLS / SSL Security Provider Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\schannel.dll

+ wdigest Microsoft Digest Access Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\wdigest.dll

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\Order

+ LanmanWorkstation Microsoft Windows Network Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\ntlanman.dll

+ RDPNP Microsoft Terminal Services Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\drprov.dll

+ WebClient Web Client Network Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\davclnt.dll

i do use zonealarm but i never have it on except when i play xbox live to keep modders away. i have made exceptions in said firewall for utorrent as i also did in windows firewall and opened the nec. ports in my netgear router. as i said, i get great speeds typically over 10 mb. connection down and typically 700 to 980 k up. i don't know what ntfs.sys or tcpip.sis is (tho the latter i assume has to do with my tcp/ip connections). and i don't know what bsod is either. so with what i have givin.......PLEASE HELP.

smal update: i paused all but 2 downloads (5 downloads going) and it has stayed running. why is that? more than 2 downloads running concurrently and it crashes my pc.

ShannonLee, can you go through your list and eliminate all the Microsoft entries?

I know Microsoft's not perfect but chances are your Microsoft components are going to be pretty similar to many other computers...it's the non-Microsoft stuff that's likely to differ.

Archived