server does not support this client error speedtest

nhyrum

I have read other posts about this error. first off, I understand that not all torrents will download at blazing hot speeds, I have read and understood the posts.

I have utorrent 3.3.2 build 30303.

I am running windows 8.1 64 bit.

let me know if you need more info on my system

internet settings and stuffs...

ISP is optix media(based out of pocatello, ID) - provides a lot of internet to college housing, they have ISP blocks blocking most sites that violate the college's "honor code" (code of conduct - its rather strict, but i can access P2P sites fine)

static IP set

I do not have port forwarding(dont know how on windows 8)

I also get an error on the second part saying "port is not open (you are still able to download)"

any tips on how to fix this? again, I do not care about download speeds (but I assume fixing this may result in faster downloads)

heres a screenshot of my error message

errormessage.jpg

Port forwarding is done on the router NOT the machine operating system.

I am aware of this, but I find it difficult to navigate windows 8 to change the router settings and get the info I need, e.g. the IP address of the router

but i can access P2P sites fine)
That is no indication of whether they allow peer to peer traffic or not
thanks for that information' date=' I assumed that if they allowed P2P sites P2P traffic would be fine.
IF YOU HAVE SPEED ISSUES READ HERE FIRST

Read the thread, follow the suggestions, run the tests.

I have read that thread, none of it helped me. im not so much concerned about speed as I am the fact that I get this error.

but I find it difficult to navigate windows 8 to change the router settings and get the info I need, e.g. the IP address of the router

Open a comman prompt window, type in ipconfig /all press enter read the gateway IP.

However that is of no use to you if you do not have access to the router configuration with a username and password.

I have gotten the IP given by typing ipconfig /all in a command prompt. my routers IP address is different than the one given. like I said, I followed the speed issue post, and more things.

I do agree though, that information is useless, if I had it, without access to the router, etc. I have emailed XIRRUS, the manufacturer of the device, which apparently isn't a router, and gotten a little information. I have also emailed my ISP, they have not responded yet. when I get done with classes today, I will give them a call.

Archived