DHT waiting to log in

bgcw

I have looked at the old posts and tried the recommended solutions with no luck. Have been using utorrent for a couple of years without a glitch.

Win 7 64bit

MS Security Essentials

Malwarebytes Pro

Windows Firewall

Downloaded without a hitch last evening. By the way am on the road and have been using the same wifi hotspot for almost a month. Friend next door is using the same hotspot and utorrent continues to work. Can access download sites with no problem.

Also have a Win Vista machine with MSE, Comodo Firewall also working without a problem but same problem today.

Dragged out a Win XP netbook that has not been on this network and again same problem. The location that we are at has multiple wifi hotspots and none work for me and yet work for my friend on her Win 7 64bit machine.

Just bad luck or are there any other suggestions? Again, I have uninstalled and re-installed. I have deleted the appdata contents of the utorrent folder. Have re-booted multiple times with no joy.

Update: Tried a system restore which did not change results. Then installed another torrent client Tixati which works with no problem. I would prefer to stick with utorrent so still would appreciate a solution.

Same here, tried it on three different computers (two PCs and one Mac), two of them with internet connection from two different ISPs and the result was one and the same. I have two friends in two different towns here, in Bulgaria, and both have confirmed this as well. It seems the problem is only with uTorrent/Bittorrent, because I've tried several other clients and none of them had this problem. I replied to this thread earlier, but my post was deleted without explanation.

To the forum staff: there is nothing wrong to admit that you actually have a problem, something like "Yes, we have a problem, but we are working on it" or something would be quite enough, that are the Troubleshooting forums for after all. Deleting posts doesn't solve anything nor helps to anyone. No offence.

I've also tried this, didn't worked. And you know what means uTorrent/Bittorrent to be non-working on four different computers, two different OSes, three different ISPs in three different cities at the same time, don't you? Obviously "the malfunction is not only in my TV". And there is no active firewall or something by default in OS X (the Mac I've tried uTorrent on)!

So will you be telling us any information that may provide clues??

Client version, build,

And there is no active firewall or something by default in OS X (the Mac I've tried uTorrent on)!

AND this IS the Windows section of the forums.

As for me I have tried 3.1.2, 3.2, 3.3 latest build.

In addition I also downloaded the most recent version of bittorrent which had the same problem.

So will you be telling us any information that may provide clues??

Client version, build,

And there is no active firewall or something by default in OS X (the Mac I've tried uTorrent on)!

AND this IS the Windows section of the forums.

Dude, I have no intention to argue with you. In case you haven't noticed, I've written earlier that the problem appears to be platform-independent. I have it on my computer at work, running Windows 7 and on two more computers on two different ISPs in two different cities. All clients are set to use UPnP for the ports management and there are no additional firewalls installed on any of them except the stock Windows firewall (but uTorrent is in the exception list). According to the router GUIs, all ports on these three computers are properly opened.

That happens with the latest stable version of uTorrent (3.3.2).

Edit: ok guys, I don't know what you did (or did not), but it works since this morning. I've contacted my friend in the other cities and they told me that it works for them as well (At least on Windows).

Archived