Utorrent crashes only when certain torrents are active

wout1988

Hi

I've been using utorrent for quite a while now, and have been experiencing crashes for the last week. I've tried reinstalling, updating to a newer version, I've even installed the beta. I've even installed bittorrent replacing the settings folder from utorrent, and I keep experiencing the exactly same problem.

Everytime I start certain downloads (large torrents, 20gb-200gb), utorrent crashes a few seconds after I've started these torrents, having runned fine for hours before. Afterwards, everytime I reboot the pc or restart utorrent, it crashes 5 seconds after I've started those torrents. It's not always new torrents. Sometimes a large torrent downloads for 50% (or less or more), and the problem occurs suddenly (but keeps causing problems from that moment on.)

I use windows 8 64 bits, on an ssd (c:), utorrent downloads to a larger hdd (d:). I use mcafee, but have (completely) uninstalled mcafee in order to check if this causes the problem (it doesn't). I've even done a clean install of windows (with a completely new settings folder for utorrent).

I can't help but feeling that I'm missing something, I have no idea what though. Could someone be so kind to point me in the right direction? If you need any more information, I'll reply with it. If needed, I can send a dump file.

I can't help but feeling that I'm missing something, I have no idea what though. Could someone be so kind to point me in the right direction? If you need any more information, I'll reply with it. If needed, I can send a dump file.

Reduce the cache size to below 512 MB.

AND what version and build?

I can't help but feeling that I'm missing something' date=' I have no idea what though. Could someone be so kind to point me in the right direction? If you need any more information, I'll reply with it. If needed, I can send a dump file.[/quote']

Reduce the cache size to below 512 MB.

AND what version and build?

I tried this, didn't work (the settings I used before were automatic caching). 512MB didn't change anything.

I was using the latest build (3.3.2 build 30303), and have already tried it using the beta (3.4 build 30345), same problem occurs...

Archived