Endless loop when all torrents are selected

NickNameUT

Hello, I have a problem, when I press Ctrl+A or try to select all torrents at once in other way, this program starts endless loop, which starts to consume more and more memory and so after couple couple of minutes (I waited about 15 minutes once) I have to kill it, because it does not work. That started to happen in last stable version which is downloaded automatically, I don't remember such problem to appear in previous versions.

Hmm, it is very strange, I deleted couple of torrents yesterday, now I have 526 of them, I press Ctrl+A and it selects all torrents without any issues and endless loops. Maybe there was broken torrent among those deleted torrents, or there is some kind of limit to quantity of files which is linked to selected torrents (when I had that loop I saw that programs start to change length of scrollbar in files panel as there was changing list of files with different length of filenames). I had couple of torrents which was marked as missed so I wanted to start them all of once to reactivated 'missed' ones, maybe problem somehow connected to that.

Now it works fine anyway, so I think dump does not help really. Thanks for you attention.

OK, I think I understand what might have happened... When you select multiple torrents, and have the detailed tab - "Files" open at the same time, the content of that tab - displays the *last* torrent on your selection list (currently focused). When that torrent is corrupt for some reason (or a large one), it is now being scanned and the files-tab fills up with the files list.

So, either that torrent was corrupt (as you've suggested said), or uTorrent has another bug - not knowing to read it... :)

So, if you can retrieve those you deleted one by one, you can find out... Or .. just leave it be..

I had this loop again. There was no missed torrents this time, I have a dump this time, it has a size of 171MB, do you need it?

What was the last torrent that was selected / focused? Sure , you can post the dump it here for the devs.

I don't understand how this loop appears, now I select all torrents without problems. I have 'error' marked torrent now (files were delete from disk), I select it, then press Ctrl+A and it selects all torrents fine, no problems, so it is not related to bug you have described...

Archived