Torrents no longer downloading.

Iseltius

Hello,

Something strange is going on with my downloads lately. For some time now, maybe a few weeks, my downloads have been getting very slow (under 150 KB/s) and nothing seems to work in fixing this issue. On top of that, for about a week now I can't download a single thing. It's like the connection blocks every seed or peer and it remains in the "Connecting to peers state". I checked the firewall and everything seems to be in order. Note that about two weeks ago I got the EUROPOL ransomeware scam on my chrome. Not sure if this has anything to do since I checked removal guides for this virus and it seems I'm clean (I use Advanced System Care 6 with IObit Malware Fighter 2). Also, I live at a university campus, but there's never been a problem with torrent downloads around here as far as I know. Direct downloads work just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I made the preferences modifications as instructed in the guides and it didn't help. I also ran tests and got this:

Glasnost:

________________________________________________________________________________

Are certain ports blocked for all traffic?

3 out of 3 BitTorrent transfers on port 6881 failed to upload any data. It seems like your ISP hinders you from uploading BitTorrent traffic on port 6881 to our test server.

3 out of 3 BitTorrent transfers on port 47914 failed to upload any data. It seems like your ISP hinders you from uploading BitTorrent traffic on port 47914 to our test server.

3 out of 3 BitTorrent transfers on port 6881 failed to download any data. It seems like your ISP hinders you from downloading BitTorrent traffic on port 6881 to our test server.

3 out of 3 BitTorrent transfers on port 47914 failed to download any data. It seems like your ISP hinders you from downloading BitTorrent traffic on port 47914 to our test server.

Is your upload traffic rate limited?

The measurement data is too noisy to detect whether your ISP rate limits your upload traffic. Re-running the test while ensuring that no other downloads or uploads are running in the background might fix this problem.

Is your download traffic rate limited?

The measurement data is too noisy to detect whether your ISP rate limits your download traffic. Re-running the test while ensuring that no other downloads or uploads are running in the background might fix this problem.

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /var/www/bb/glasnost-analysis2.php on line 931

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /var/www/bb/glasnost-analysis2.php on line 931

Notice: Undefined offset: 4 in /var/www/bb/glasnost-analysis2.php on line 931

Notice: Undefined offset: 6 in /var/www/bb/glasnost-analysis2.php on line 931

Detailed test results giving the throughput per flow Glasnost runs:

Control flow transfers using port 6881 and port 47914

Transfer Direction Bandwidth Port 6881 Bandwidth Port 47914

Download #1 0 Kbps 0 Kbps

Download #2 13141 Kbps 13254 Kbps

Download #3 0 Kbps 0 Kbps

Upload #1 17914 Kbps 13301 Kbps

Upload #2 14399 Kbps 15323 Kbps

Upload #3 13472 Kbps 15597 Kbps

________________________________________________________________________________

uTorrent Setup Guide result - http://puu.sh/5DLNX.png

Also, I live at a university campus,
The measurement data is too noisy to detect whether your ISP rate limits your download traffic. Re-running the test while ensuring that no other downloads or uploads are running in the background might fix this problem.

Given the two conditions above, the campus network admins have probably started trottling your available bandwith.

Archived