utorrent auto restarts my computer

MatiasPinto

I have been having this problem for about 1-2 months now, at first it worked fine but after a month my computer started auto restarting. It usually happens after running utorrent for 15+ minutes. I checked the FAQ but could not find anything. I have no idea how to fix it so I am thinking of formatting my computer, but before I do that I thought I could ask here if there is a solution which would save me a lot of trouble. I looked through the forums already and couldn't really find a solution. Also if you want to know what the BSOD said just ask me and I will make my comp crash and ill write it down.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance,

Matias

I don't think is µtorrent to blame mate... maybe you already have a virus or something.

I run µtorrent without problems on a weak system (and with XP SP1 with NO updates), BUT I have the following: BitDefender 9 Professional with firewall disabled, automatic updates and real-time scanner enabled, scheduled scans at 5 days; ZoneAlarm free version last update; Ad-Aware SE Personal last version; SpyBot Search&Destroy last version ; in case you decide to format your disk(s) I strongly advise you to install these softwares and after that put on the latest stable version of µtorrent. I never had problems neither with the 1.4 version, nor now, with the 1.5

good luck!

P.S.: Windows firewall is not active either - ZA does a great job for me; i'm on a cable connection.

Archived