Encryption

dfreie

If the files that I'm seeding are encrypted using windows, are the file pieces decrypted before they are sent over the wire? I've been seeding encrypted files for a while now. Am I ruining other peoples downloads? Am I sending encrypted file pieces? if so does that ruin the completed file?

Dude. I don't know the difference between a payload of data and a f*#@load of data. But I'm pretty sure you're saying that it's only encrypted at the file system level and it won't affect it's travel. I was just concerned because I added NAS and I can't open my encrypted files even when I download it from the Network drive to my local drive. The data is corrupt. If I'm not using a local machine with my encryption certificates I think the data is going to get sent corrupted. Is that correct?

Protocol encryption is NOT the same as SSL/TLS certificated encryption.

The payload is the downloaded data (content)

But I'm pretty sure you're saying that it's only encrypted at the file system level and it won't affect it's travel.
Ermm No.

In simple terms. Protocol Encryption obfuscates (disguises) the network packet information that identifies the type of traffic being carried, so stateful packet inspection (SPI) cannot easily detect that it is BitTorrent protocol traffic. The data bytes carried in the packet are sent as is, because they are just binary data that would have to totally reconstructed to identify the content.

Archived