Finding a way to improve utorrent

knowledge24

download speed in this kind of file sharing depends o

How fast the connected peers can' date=' or will send the blocks for the requested pieces.[/quote']

Hey man, and you as an experienced rational user think this is the only factor????

What about others??

your experiences and answers are fundamental to solve the main problem of these clients.

experienced rational user think this is the only factor????

Then you show us how the data can arrive quicker than it is being sent.

I did not say faster than your connection allows, the whole effort is on finding the ways to download as fast as your connection allows (and finding the factors that affect data transfer in P2P file sharing) like what IDM does with HTTP downloads

Guess what.

IDM does what BitTorrent does on a SMALLER scale. If you're getting slower speeds with torrents, either YOUR settings are wrong, the torrents you're trying to download are NOT good for speed testing OR your internet provider is interfering.

It's not a protocol level flaw that is causing the issue.

The swarm are fine, and there is no ISP doing nothing,and the settings are also fine, the main question is about WHY you cant download as fast as your connection allows while there are good seeds connected to you?, so are you saying you dont get that because of those connected peers not sending you pieces with a fast speed so that you could download as fast as your connection allows, NOTE THAT YOU COULD ACHIEVE THAT GOAL WITH IDM ON HTTP DOWNLOADS , and thats where this important question arises, I hope users look back at their experiences and by experimenting in a controlled experiments give us their results

I hope users look back at their experiences and by experimenting in a controlled experiments give us their results

Here's a hint.

If you test with the torrents we suggest for testing (ones like the official slackware torrents) you will see very quickly that IDM isn't all that. And if those torrents don't perform, then it IS your internet provider interfering.

I hope users look back at their experiences and by experimenting in a controlled experiments give us their results

Here's a hint.

If you test with the torrents we suggest for testing (ones like the official slackware torrents) you will see very quickly that IDM isn't all that. And if those torrents don't perform, then it IS your internet provider interfering.

Hey dude, just tested the slackware torrent, the peak of download speed was very close to my peak of download bandwidth but is NOT VERY STABLE meaning the speed drops,goes up and down but mostly down stays for a while then it goes up and sometimes not,do you know WHY its not very stable???? , and does not get the max outa my DL bandwidth??? but IDM has more stable speeds with http downloads and gets the max outa my DL bandwidth, PLEASE RESPECT THE CONTROLLED EXPERIMENTS for once

Archived