[BUG] "Put new downloads in:" folder setting is NOT persisted

andrewbam

I solved with reverting from 3.3b 30235 to tried and glitchless working 3.0b 27079 (+webui v0.387 2012050518174554). And it was not just new download dir setting always resetting on restart of utserver, but also for automatically load torrents from option IIRC. Didn't like also webui.zip shipped with newest utorrent. It looking worse is one thing, but not persisting viewed column count and sort order .. i tired of redoing that each time.

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote a system test to test persistence of settings set through the HTTP interface. The bind_port setting persisted for me; I saw no problem restoring the value I wanted. If the selected port was in use by another process, it is possible that the setting's value would be rejected. I'm not able to think of other possibilities right now.

However, I saw a problem restoring the dir_autoload setting; this was a result of a commit made last May. This would likely affect the dir_active setting (the "put new downloads in" part of the web UI) also. As a workaround, put your desired directory-related values (e.g., dir_active, dir_autoload) in the configuration file, and they will be restored on restart (I haven't tried this but looking at the code it looks like that would work).

Thanks for the reports. Now, I've got a system test that should warn if failures like that occur in the future; that test will be run along with the other system tests on a nightly basis, upon changes to the code line.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I've been trying to get this thing working, cause I know it used to. So I've been downloading and testing older versions, but none of them seem to work. I don't understand why =/

You mention a work around by editing the config file. Would this be settings.dat, cause that doesn't seem to work either. I already see my directories in there.

BEncode_utorrent_directory.jpg

Thanks.

EDIT:

Firstly, I realized I posted this in the wrong OS to begin with. As I followed a google link I didn't really read the topic that carefully. I'm using win7. However, It might be the same issue we're dealing with alas, the same solution.

I jumped the gun before, because I actually got it working using my very last idea.

It turned out to be an issue concerning the directory name. I often have my directories organized using an underscore at the start. Removing that fixed all issues and the moving of files between folders works perfectly on latest version.

PS. However. It would still be cool to have support for underscore and other special characters at the start of folder name. Keep it up!

On second thought, this might not be it. did some going back and forth changing the name of the folder and change the name in pref to match ofc, but once I did this, it wouldn't work anymore. Had to create a whole new folder, name that and set pref to that name. I don't understand the underlying system, but this seem to be something to look in to.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived