Please be kind and help me

knowledge24

Hello to dreadwingknight

my speedtest.net results are : 120Kbps down/290Kbps up speed.

I seem to have bad settings in utorrent and I have slow download speed.Would you be kind and tell me what preset value in utorrent 3.3.2.30416 setup guide for upload speed I should put to have the best performance on torrents like slackware.

What settings should I use? how did you set your utorrent up? HELP ME

Thanks in advance.

PLEASE EXCUSE ME for my ignorance

Yes with slackware torrent,where is harold?would he help me?

the internet connection upload speed that my ISP gave me is faster than my download speed,so should I set utorrent up in the same way as others do?how should I set it up?harold told me that your settings are bad although he did not gimme any other details.

My download speed with utorrent is about 9KB/sec but I should get 15KB/sec and a little more cause my connection allows this although like I said my upload speed is faster,

so any detailed answers will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Man, did I say I am that much dumb not to understand the difference between Byte and bit (up there I just wrote bit instead of Byte and after noticing my mistake I edited it).

I just asked a very simple question,I asked how should I set up utorrent to see the best performance on torrrent,please dont tell me bittorrent is a science and you must kill yourself investigating on it to find out things about it like speed and settings.

Do you download with torrents?,How did you set your utorrent up? HOW SHOULD I SET MY UTORRENT UP TO SEE THE BEST SPEED POSSIBLE?

Anybody has any ideas please?

Oh and redo your speed test, make sure that any downloads or uploads are shut down completely and post the speedtest.net image URL.

For upload to be higher than download means something interfered with the results, because all domestic routers and modems are asynchronous with download being faster than upload simply because their physical size means they do NOT have the power needed for a high enough signal amplitude.

Unless of course you pay for a fractional T1 line.

Oh and redo your speed test, make sure that any downloads or uploads are shut down completely and post the speedtest.net image URL.

For upload to be higher than download means something interfered with the results, because all domestic routers and modems are asynchronous with download being faster than upload simply because their physical size means they do NOT have the power needed for a high enough signal amplitude.

Unless of course you pay for a fractional T1 line.

Trust my honesty, I dont want anybody to know where I am living ( dont misunderstand it by my dishonesty).

My ISP sells different services, the service that i bought has slower download speed and faster upload speed because I can have unlimited traffic usage, those who want faster download speed instead of upload can buy limited traffic services,also my ISP told me my connected speed is 128Kb/sec and I exactly told you the numbers I saw on speedtest.net ,please trust and help me,read my posts entirely.

Any body has any ideas?, any help?

(Forget about the possibility that my isp is throttling me, I live somewher that nobody knows about P2P, my problem is with my settings)

LOL ciaobaby, P2P file sharing is illegal in my country thats why I didnt provide you a link.

May I ask you four simple questions:

1.While downloading should my upload speed go faster than my download speed or not?(mine sometimes goes)

2.How did you set up your utorrent?what did you use to set it up?

3.Is your download speed with utorrent on slackware the same as your download speed with IDM?

4.If I change my client (for example to bittorrent or another one) would the speed get better?

Note: I did use http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992 and the speed a little improved (for example by lowering net max half,disabling utp and dht) but It is not as good as my speedtest results and IDM http download results which are somewhat faster,is it possible to make it as fast as they are ?especially my IDM http download speed which goes about 18 or 19KB/sec while my utorrent download speed is about 9KB/sec and 10KB/sec

Why should anybody on this forum even CARE where you live???

The simple fact is, unless you provide useful information nobody can help, so read the pinned thread in this particular section and have fun testing different settings.

I did use http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=58404 and http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992 and my speed now is pretty fine and more stable and acceptable, so thank you ultima and switeck,

so CIAO guys

Archived