Invisible Seeder in utorrent

tempo

Hello people.

From long time, about months, i noticed in every new version of utorrent that we are downoloading fresh uploaded torrents and complete all items to 100%

! Long time i was thinking is it normal, and thinking, and asking, and people commenting in our forum without any luck.

Today i find the reason of invisible seeder. He is hiding in leechers. In ending to 100% he quit immediately from utorrent, instead to stay visible as seeder for leechers.

I can't explain this, how it is possible? Is there a new feature? What function is and how to set the same?

Long time i was thinking is it normal, and thinking, and asking, and people commenting in our forum without any luck.

Well your forum is full of people who don't actually know about super seeding/initial seeding modes.

Also, you don't actually need seeds on a torrent to be able to complete anyway.

And finally, the initial seeding method in uTorrent is horrendously inefficient and should not actually be used.

Long time i was thinking is it normal
Yes it is, all that is needed is for ALL the pieces to be available in the swarm.
He is hiding in leechers. In ending to 100% he quit immediately from utorrent, instead to stay visible as seeder for leechers.

Wrong, and the Internet gets yet another clueless clown putting up his "expert" opinion on YouTube fo all to see.

And why do these Hitchcock wannabees think that every movie needs a "drum 'n' bass" soundtrack to accompany their "wisdom".

I did think that I had seen this as a 'bug' or a 'glitch' in 3.1 however I was mistaken.

The difference between your case and my case is following:

My case - Fresh torrent - nobody downloaded and nobody have it in 100% except one invisible seeder who is seeding to all as leecher without 100%.

Your case - torrent downloaded from several people. It is normal that one seeder can't see other seeders.

except one invisible seeder who is seeding to all as leecher without 100%.
That is complete drivel! A peer without 100% is NOT a seed to trackers and other clients, so will NOT and CANNOT be reported as such.

And do you really think that your client's peer list has a complete picture of what is happening in a swarm??

Do you want to watch long video without seeder around?

No thanks, life is much too short for that kind of excitement!

And what is it going to demonstrate, that peers disconnect from seeding clients when all pieces have been received and checked?

Just because it is not connected anymore to your client does NOT mean that peer left the swarm. What you seem to be not understanding is that to ANY and ALL seeding peers in a swarm, ALL other seeds are "invisible",

Have you tried running a second client without LPD on, to check the availability of the job?

Have you looked at the availability of the job after the peer(s) disconnected?

Have you checked the swarm counts before and after the peer(s) disconnected?

Archived