ReSeed in WebUI/GUI?

shimi810

Ok, i just talk with community in hebrew,

it very not recommend using utorrent on linux... so probably it's not yet the future in utorrent for linux.

To be clearly, utorrent no want to reseed the torrent files, and the all other software all proceeds smoothly without any problem.

You can look on here (google translate - hebrew to english. translate is clearly i think).

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy shimi810,

I was able to successfully re-seed a torrent I had previously downloaded. That is, I placed an ubuntu iso I'd previously downloaded within the same folder completed downloads are saved. I then added the original .torrent file for that iso. When utserver added that .torrent file it scanned to see what had already been downloaded - the status of the added torrent went to "Checking" and then eventually "Seeding".

The key thing to do here is ensure that what you want to re-seed is in the same folder you configured utserver to download to and that you have the correct .torrent file for what you want to re-seed.

shimi810, you're going to have to be clearer about what isn't working with seeding. Is it just failing with some error? Is it starting and then stopping?

I'm going to assume that it's the latter, in which case, you can simply override the seeding goal in the properties, or just force-start the torrent.

If it's the former (or something else), then the only way anyone's going to be able to help you is for you to actually explain exactly what's happening rather than simply telling us "it doesn't work".

like richard-bt said, but not work.

Ultima, after i load original .torrent file to utorrent webui (when the files is in default dir. i leave where is download to, don't change the path), is check it, but not found anything - so it's start downloading again. of course, i stop it.

All other client's (transmission, deluge, rtorrent, ktorrent, vuze) success checking and after check reseed it.

i really not understand why only utorrent (and i think only for linux) unsuccessful to do this basic option.

sorry for delay, i wrote all important things in the link above (i think is clearly to read).

shimi810,

I've confirmed that re-seeding does work.

In my testing I had a hard time with my first few trials because I didn't have the already downloaded file placed where utserver was looking. Ensure that you're putting the previously downloaded torrent's files within the root directory of utserver (if you're not using utserver.conf or have set "Move completed downloads to" in the WebUI) - or if you've set a completed download folder in utserver.conf or through the WebUI ensure you're putting the files in that specified folder.

Also be aware that the directory structure of the previously downloaded torrent would need to be preserved for utserver to find the files. That is, if the torrent had a folder A with file B in it, you'll need to have a folder A with file B inside your completed downloads folder for utserver to find it.

Archived