Malicious content in uTorrent control?

curt3r

Well... recently I hit the uTorrent site and saw there's a new item named uTorrent control. I thought, give it a shot :D ... But when I hit the download button, downloader replied malicious content detected... :/ so I discarded the download for now. ohh... I was trying to download via google chrome...

anyone else faced this or got any idea about this issue? :|

It is caused by people NOT reading dialogues correctly and reporting something they agreed to install as being 'malicious'.

heh?? :/ could you please elaborate? i thought it's from trusted provider.

well i'm that much aware of false reporting that without having the signature, AV could take them as malicious for example game cracks and my created program executables, but chrome downloader showed up that malicious message and asked me to discard the download... weird... just wanted to know... :D

i thought it's from trusted provider.

Since when has that stopped stupid people from reporting things as 'malicious'????

And ANYTHING that "hooks" into a browser as a BHO (Browser Helper Object) could be flagged as 'malicious' simply due to it's behaviour.

AV could take them as malicious for example game cracks and my created program executables,
If people have reported them as malicious it probably will.

Archived