[BUG] First arg for running program after download complete is dropped

hexagon

I have the following in the field for 'Run this program with a torrent completes'

/path/to/executable '%D' '%N' '%L'

However the first argument is dropped which in this case is the %D. I can cat /proc/(whatever the pid is)/cmdline and see for a fact that the arg was not put in place when exec or execvp (whichever is used) was called.

If i use it works correctly and shows up with the last 3 args. (the first arg still gets dropped).

/path/to/executable '%D' '%D' '%N' '%L'

This seems to have come into play with the 30235 build.

• 2 weeks later...
the first argument is dropped

This seems to have come into play with the 30235 build.

I investigated this, writing a new system test for finish_cmd, and I found a problem. The execve() call had the first argument (program) defined, and the second argument (args array) defined, but args[0] didn't reference the program and the test failed. Once I fixed the set up to the execve() call, what I put into finish_cmd behaved as I expected and the test passed. As usual, the new system test will be run nightly, upon code change, so it should detect regressions in the future.

I expect we will be starting a stress test for a new build in a couple of days, hopefully to release the new version within a few days after that.

Archived