Banner ads

MsChessie

Hi , even though I've been using u-Torrent for a while, I still consider myself a newbie here.

I get the ad banner across the top of my torrents window and constantly get ads for "iLivid"

Everywhere I have looked suggests that it is Malware and should be steered clear of.

Why are you advertising this product instead of something that is actually good or useful?

Is there a way to get rid of this ad?

Thanks for any help!

Thank you so much Beasly for the help. I really appreciate it! That ad was driving me nuts.

I really do like U-Torrent. It works great, never have problems like other sites (other than maybe not enough seeds for what I'm wanting to download, but then I think that's because I like downloading really old stuff--forget the new junk)

Thanks again!

:D Chessie

For older and not so popular torrent files announcing on another tracker or two may get 100% of the files needed.

Nope, it won't.

The reason is simple. For that to happen, the 'seed' (let's just call them that ok, even though they might just have the missing parts) would have to have the exact same torrent to start with (so as to have the correct hash values). They then would need to NOT announce to the trackers you already have in common that are listed in the torrent file, but to instead have replaced that tracker(s) with the one you've added.

Now, isn't that a whole lot less of a reasonable idea?

Especially when instead of that, you could just enable DHT and make the whole thing about specific trackers irrelevant?

Seriously, Adding trackers to try and get more peers is a STUPID IDEA that's been going around for 10 years based on a complete misunderstanding of how bittorrent works. It DOES NOT WORk, and is actually one of the main causes of tracker instability (as trackers are made to duplicate work many times over)

Nope, it won't.

For older not so popular torrents that need to be resurrected by adding a different tracker has worked for me most of the time...So why do you say no.

Googling the hash and getting the results from torrentz.eu and merging into utorrent.

or

by using btReAnnouncer.

Nope, it won't.

For older not so popular torrents that need to be resurrected by adding a different tracker has worked for me most of the time...So why do you say no.

Googling the hash and getting the results from torrentz.eu and merging into utorrent.

or

by using btReAnnouncer.

Want to do the same thing even easier?

Turn on DHT

BONUS won't spam-announce to a whole bunch of trackers, clogging them with useless duplicate data.

Archived