3.4.x Beta

AdamK

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know why most of you even invest so much effort posting about this client when the developer doesn't seem to respect it enough to post proper updates or even connect with the community let alone create a stable product. Personally I'd wish all of you here just moved on to something else and let Bittorrent sort out/test it's own product and then maybe they'll either take it seriously or it can just die.

+1

µTorrent beta 3.4.1 build 30519 (1.52 MB) is now available for download...No changelog.

- rename "Disk Overload" to "Disk Cache overloaded" ... and so possibly, make it better reflect the IO overload status...

As it is now, it seems that best DL performance is achieved by setting a download limit, and not let it come close to the max cache size limit...

And why do you think your issue has to do with this new cache throttling thing?...

Suspicion mostly. Because the occurrence of IO errors were coincident with increasing the default automatic cache from 32 to 128 MB, sometime during the 3.3.2 betas. Was that part of the "cache throttling thing," particularly at a 30 kB u/l limit w/ zero d/l activity?

The frequency of errors has increased in subsequent builds, unless soley attributable to a change in log filtering, which is doubtful. It makes no difference manually resetting the cache to 32 MB either. When rolling back to 2.2.1 thru 3.3 no errors occur for weeks vs < 5-10 minutes.

Was that part of the "cache throttling thing," particularly at a 30 kB u/l limit w/ zero d/l activity?

It is completely unrelated. At that time they have just increased the default size, and for a good reason. There is no artificial limit at 30kB UL at all... unless you set it so yourself.

I suggest you try test with a clean/empty settings.dat file (or mine - @my sig), see if there is something broken inside yours...

There is no artificial limit at 30kB UL at all... unless you set it so yourself.

No, I set that rate limit to accommodate my (monster) 384 kb/s u/l bandwidth. :P As for being completely unrelated to increasing the default size, I think not. There may have been associated IO routine changes that now produce these errors.

The same settings.dat file is used from 3.2.3 to 3.4.1 with these errors occurring only after 3.3.1, but I'll test clean and report.

µTorrent beta 3.4.1 build 30552 is now available for download...No changelog.

http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/win_us

It certainly is a Russian roulette trying to get that build - especially frustrating as the download page is stating µTorrent beta (3.4.1 build 30552)

18 times and all I'm getting is a random mixture of versions 30523 ~ 30526.

Archived