3.4.x Beta

AdamK

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This latest beta is a bit wonky. It works, ie. it transfers, and it allows new transfers to be added, but somehow the entire interactive UI has frozen. So no key-combinations, mouse-interaction menus or UI menus is accessible. I'm guessing reverting to 39773 is advisable?

Running 3.4.3.39910 :P

This latest beta is a bit wonky. It works, ie. it transfers, and it allows new transfers to be added, but somehow the entire interactive UI has frozen. So no key-combinations, mouse-interaction menus or UI menus is accessible. I'm guessing reverting to 39773 is advisable?

Running 3.4.3.39910 :P

Also, if left running this build exhibits issues with the refresh rates of basically everything. It'll start with minor flickering of the torrent-list, but will eventually get so bad that when you try to access the menus the redraw is all messed up. To top it off, exiting the program will not be able to show the exit-confirmation dialog. It'll work, just not show.

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble reproducing the disappearing tabs in a test environment.  Can everyone who is having this problem please provide:  host OS and IE version, and steps taken between last time the tabs appeared correctly and the first time you saw the problem.  It seems like in at least one of the screenshots there is an incomplete Pro upgrade (the sidebar is showing the dark skin with an "Upgrade to Pro" node), any information on how that state was created would also be helpful.  Thanks very much.

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble reproducing the disappearing tabs in a test environment.  Can everyone who is having this problem please provide:  host OS and IE version, and steps taken between last time the tabs appeared correctly and the first time you saw the problem.  It seems like in at least one of the screenshots there is an incomplete Pro upgrade (the sidebar is showing the dark skin with an "Upgrade to Pro" node), any information on how that state was created would also be helpful.  Thanks very much.

IE version:

z4yLFF1.png

Steps to reproduce / reduced example:

1. Delete %appdata%\utorrent
  2. Download the 39910 executable (http://download-new.utorrent.com/uuid/b296db6e-8894-4b95-a2c8-2fc690e7682d) to %appdata%\utorrent
  3. Download the following settings.dat to %appdata%\utorrent: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kpqbkgeetnaqt4a
  4. Launch uTorrent, select English as language, click OK.
  5. Click on the "Torrents (0)" node in the sidebar
  6. Observe the missing row of tabs (see my original report for a screenshot)

Further notes:

The stable build that this beta is based on (39744) is not affected. The offending settings.dat entry appears to be "gui.bundles_tab_user_clicked" set to "true".

Hi everyone,

Win7 SP1. Settings file is in my sig... Disregard the dark color in the cat pane. I am not sure why isn't someone commenting on the missing "player" menu item, that was suppose to be there for trial. Probably no one knows it should even be there, since there was no mention of it in any changelog... (BTW, the tabs select menu pops in there even when the tabs are gone...) :P

I am not sure why isn't someone commenting on the missing "player" menu item, that was suppose to be there for trial. Probably no one knows it should even be there, since there was no mention of it in any changelog...

The changelog included this, which may explain why nobody mentions it. Bold'ed for emphasis :P

- First beta of new streaming trial flow (limited rollout, may not be activated for your install)

The changelog included this, which may explain why nobody mentions it. Bold'ed for emphasis :P

- First beta of new streaming trial flow (limited rollout, may not be activated for your install)

And? Should everyone guess/know how it operates? Not so difficult to mention the need for using of the player tab, which is missing... :P

@ChristinaBT: I reluctantly upgraded from build 39778 that was working well for me to build 39910. Tabs display fine so far, Status bar text is truncated as reported before. My main issue is that the Search bar has disappeared!

e36518402256423.jpg

OS is Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 and IE version 11.0.9600.17691  (I use Firefox Nightly as default browser)

Also less than an hour after user interaction this build will hang.

d1f9bd402259793.jpg

Confirmed by downgrading and reinstalling on separate days. Reverting back to build 39778.

Archived