3.4.x Beta

AdamK

-- 2016-01-20: Version 3.4.6 Alpha (build 41702) http://llsw.download3.utorrent.com/beta/utorrent.41702.installer.exe

- Integrate 41696 fix in 41670 alpha

-- 2015-12-18: Version 3.4.6 Alpha (build 41564)

- Rewrite of most of the string functions and classes

@schnurlos: What does it mean, practically? What should work better now (or nothing...)?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confirmed.

Build 41702 crashes here creating a .torrent with a filesize of something like 5GB.

It creates a "broken" .torrent as you described which I was able to repair automatically with the Bencode-Editor (tested with 700MB file).

It worked with a single file of just some kB without any problem.

Congratulations to the new beta build:

-- 2016-02-04: Version 3.4.6 Beta (build 41768)
- All changes from 41698
- Fix broken label removal in the autolabel mapper settings
- Restore main download view row height
- Remove Health, Rating, Label, AddedOn and CompletedOn from the deault-loaded columns in the main list view
- Update devices page (text and icons)

Translation text needs to be updated (PS3/XBox), that's ok. But one line has been forgotten:

• Transfer files converted for PS3.

Following long known issue (May 2015 ...) is fixed now:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

build 41871 : error on 15% of my torrent, after recheck they result incomplete. After downgrade to build 41845 and recheck all files ok.

build 41845 : "Move completed downloads to:" doesn't add the label to the path on single file (ok with folders).

1 hour ago, zdnko said:

build 41845 : "Move completed downloads to:" doesn't add the label to the path on single file (ok with folders).

So, I guess it's a bug with folders... :P I think they've removed this feature, replaced it with the new labels preferences thing...

871 and 903 both have problems initiating and resuming a .tor that uses multi level directories (\cd1\01 track1.mp3, \cd2\01 track1.mp3), it puts everything in the top level (\cd101 track1.mp3, \cd201 track1.mp3).  very messy...  problem with new string rewrite??

Where can I get the latest BETA version:

- 2016-03-03: Version 3.4.6 Alpha (build 41903) - rewrite of byte arrays handling (fix memory leaks and some small performance gain) ?

TY

Alpha, Beta.. 
What's the difference? They sure don't seem to know.

It's all 3.4.6  anyway :3

Any guesses how long 3.4.6 is going to be in beta for before they release it?
It's been half a year already. Do you think AMD's Zen will be released before uTorrent 3.4.6?

Does anything think that Alpha will ever be something other than just the beta with a few likely unstable changes that nobody wants to bother testing?

It looks like Mainline is getting uTorrent's beta changes added to it's stable before uTorrent does..

3.4.6.41909 now available:

http://llsw.download3.utorrent.com/beta/utorrent.41909.installer.exe

3.4.6.41911 now available:

http://llsw.download3.utorrent.com/beta/utorrent.41911.installer.exe

-- 2016-03-08: Version 3.4.6 Alpha (build 41911)

- fixes for 41903

- fix some new crashes

- fix regression in file picker 

- fix regression in RSS auto labeling

Can't you read?.... "- 2016-03-08: Version 3.4.6 Alpha (build 41911) "

As long as it is mentioned clearly, why care how they call it? Plus, you have a link for downloading it here, which you don't in that release-notes webpage of theirs... So, it is more convenient...

Archived