3.4.x Beta

AdamK

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also:

- Add or delete torrents from this label, ever show 5, only restarting the program change the counter and show the real number of torrents of each label, but any move on torrens you make (add, delete, etc.) will not count until the next program restart.

But that's not new in this build, it's a problem that has dragged on earlier builds.

-- 2014-05-14: Version 3.4.1 Beta (build 31274)

On the auto-update server (and my sig...... )

RSS updates - are working again...

Too bad that the main-view when not set to sort-by-name flickers/jumps back and forth from name sort-by-name to  my sort-by-date :(

Also noticed, that it was "demoted" from RC to Beta... Much more suitable...

-- 2014-05-14: Version 3.4.1 Beta (build 31274)

Also noticed, that it was "demoted" from RC to Beta... Much more suitable...

Probably accidental, I'd be surprised if anyone was actually paying attention or even thought intelligently enough at Bittorrent to even consider doing this.

Maybe someone pulled their head out from their hole, we'll see.

I have to ask, how are trackers supposed to evaluate builds properly when so many changes are made by only increasing build numbers?

Many of the changes made incrementing only build numbers are changes that should have occurred in a 3.4.2 branch.

The Dev has been further developing 3.4.1 from stable since February.. I don't know of any other software in existence that's developed in a similar manner.

There's nothing wrong with pushing out a 3.4.2 build within weeks of releasing 3.4.1, just make sure it gets proper testing.

As it stands the current 3.4.1 should be 3.4.2 considering the amount of changes that have occurred.

I feel that your software development process is SO slow, that new builds are pushed out buggy and with minimal changes to make it appear like there's a reasonable amount of work done.

When do you you plan on improving your software development process Bittorrent?

I wonder how long it's gonna take for 3.4.1 become final. (I'm still on 2.2.1 :()

Sit tight, should be any day now. :sarcasm:

Probably accidental, I'd be surprised if anyone was actually paying attention or even thought intelligently enough at Bittorrent to even consider doing this.

Maybe someone pulled their head out from their hole, we'll see.

I have to ask, how are trackers supposed to evaluate builds properly when so many changes are made by only increasing build numbers?

Many of the changes made incrementing only build numbers are changes that should have occurred in a 3.4.2 branch.

The Dev has been further developing 3.4.1 from stable since February.. I don't know of any other software in existence that's developed in a similar manner.

There's nothing wrong with pushing out a 3.4.2 build within weeks of releasing 3.4.1, just make sure it gets proper testing.

As it stands the current 3.4.1 should be 3.4.2 considering the amount of changes that have occurred.

I feel that your software development process is SO slow, that new builds are pushed out buggy and with minimal changes to make it appear like there's a reasonable amount of work done.

When do you you plan on improving your software development process Bittorrent?

More like, upgraded to Beta, and shortly after that we are going on Stable release, so sit on tight.

Sit tight, should be any day now. :sarcasm:

More like, upgraded to Beta, and shortly after that we are going on Stable release, so sit on tight.

With many fixes and performance improvements made to the UI with the latest beta shouldn't it be 3.4.2?

So we have 3.4.1 stable and 3.4.1 beta now.. this isn't how it generally works. How much longer are you going to continue to add new builds to 3.4.1?

New builds should for be quick fixes and minor changes only.

How much longer are you going to continue to add new builds to 3.4.1?

Say they are out with a new 3.4.2, 3.4.3... *versions* daily. True,  it looks more standard method, but basically it is the same... Can look at that like 3.4.1.<build#> .

About mixing betas and stables, seems strange, I agree... I wonder - can trackers read the build #?

Well utorrent upgraded from the stable to the beta when I checked for updates through the client.. Adam can you make this 3.4.2? Given how long beta phases tend to last

I think it's silly to have released a stable and then regress to a beta with the same version number.

Also.. in Help-> Release Notes I get

Hi there from changelog

Yup, I just got greeted by the changelog.. which unsurprisingly had no logs about any changes.

I would like to suggest that actual changes be written here, or you know.. change it to Help -> Changelog Greeting

Also if release notes are to be linked on the download page, then link actual release notes not just the root directory of the forum (have mentioned this before)

So I finally got around to checking out the search filter in 3.4 and I'd like to make a feature request.

I'd like to see a new option added for searching within torrents to locate particular files that match the search string.
Maybe call it Filter Files Within Torrents or Filter Within My Torrents. Personally I'd find that more useful than the current filtering.

FWIW I'm using build 31274 and everything is so far so good, it's very quick. Provided it's accepted by the various trackers, I'll be looking forward to actually using what might well be the first
real upgrade from 3.2.3.

*edit* Clicked on Send Beta Feeback and had utorrent continuously load Internet Explorer windows (I don't have a mail client installed) trying to send mail to 
mailto:griffin@utorrent.com

Also.

zHERQFX.jpg

Still stops-in-the-middle for me... :(

Do you have any RSS feeds defined? It seems that updating them causes the list to jump to alphabetical names sort and back ...

Ok, it worked if you're in a label, not under Torrents. Bummer.

Yes, lots of RSS.

This may have been noted, but on builds 31274 and 31306 except for DHT, Local Peer Discovery and Peer Exchange tracker status is not indicated and "update in" countdown randomly freezes on active torrents.  Deleting any tracker results in an immediate crash.

Archived