3.4.x Beta

AdamK

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi - I'm not sure if this is strictly a beta issue, but it just came up in build 30602. The upload rate limit has suddenly changed to and become stuck at 75 kB/sec, despite the fact that it's set to 132 kB/sec under preferences>bandwidth. I've tried changing the rate to 0 (unlimited), restarting utorrent, etc. It always stays at 75 kB/sec per the upload/download graph. I was able to increase the actual, but not displayed, rate by unchecking "apply rate limit to transport overhead" and "apply rate limit to uTP connections", so there IS additional unused upload capacity. My upload rates per speedtest.net are consistently around 180 kB/sec. I've confirmed that the limit is stuck by checking the rate in system explorer, a separate monitoring program. Any thoughts?

So is this version the real deal?

utorrent 3.4.1 beta (build 30606) available

Changelog:

- Improvements to the disk congestion and disk flushing algorithm.

- Fix double accounting of writes to cache in statistical displays.

Downloadhttp://download-new....6f-2d98d3a27e8b

My tests:

- Cache counter - confirmed fixed

- Cache algorithm: seems improved. Does not reach the cache limit that much as before, less overflow indications. Still breaks down, fills up 100% and halts download under sever "stress"/high-speed/multilpe-files-torrents conditions with 100% overflow...

So, I'd say - whether India labor is involved or not - the version is real... Mostly since it's also listed in the first post... :)

I agree, that being "served" with a changelog makes it highly suspicious ... ;)

Vw83Z9H.jpg

Who is HarmeetGrewal...Is he/she affiliated with the Bittorrent team?...I would also say no!

Why not focus in the product, and not on who put it there?... Plus, it has a changelog, for a change...  ;)

7e586f309733684.jpg

1ffe3d309733009.jpg

So, which is real and which is fake?.......

I stand somewhat corrected...

Disk Congestion BuildThis is a special build from the 3.4.1 branch (30606) for users experiencing "Disk Overloaded" issues.If (and only if) you are experiencing "Disk Overloaded" issues please try this beta and let us know how it performs for your configuration.

It was merged to the first page after the fact and I hadn't noticed till now....

Here's another thought on beta 3.4.1 build 30606 -

I downloaded build 30606 from the link under Harmeet Grewal's post, but before I installed it I noticed that the utorrent.exe file was significantly smaller than previous builds (1,400 KB vs.1,800 KB for the official releases). Sounds kinda fishy to me! To be safe, I deleted Harmeet Grewal's version and will stick to the official utorrent builds.

BTW - has anyone noticed that Mr. Grewal seems to be using build 30602, according to his signature line?

Here's another thought on beta 3.4.1 build 30606 -

I downloaded build 30606 from the link under Harmeet Grewal's post, but before I installed it I noticed that the utorrent.exe file was significantly smaller than previous builds (1,400 KB vs.1,800 KB for the official releases). Sounds kinda fishy to me! To be safe, I deleted Harmeet Grewal's version and will stick to the official utorrent builds.

BTW - has anyone noticed that Mr. Grewal seems to be using build 30602, according to his signature line?

Chicken... Just run it... ;) Its not *his* release, and you can get it from the first post if you must... :P

Well, it certainly crashes a lot.

I switched to qbittorent a few days ago from utorrent 2.2.1, & uninstalled utorrent. But i thought, let's see what they've been up to, so i installed this today, clean.

It crashes like every 10 min, windows logs says "application-hang"

And the memory footprint seems rather large. I set it to 1.6gb cache. But task manager drops from 5.8 to 3.6gb when i close utorrent, that's 2.2 gb memory usage even tho task manager reports 1.7xxgb is being used. So around 500mb difference in what's being reported and what's being used.

I believe if i let it run longer it'll eat up a lot more of my memory, earlier i saw a drop from 6gb+ after i force closed utorrent as it had crashed.

Looks like there's some holes that needs to be shut.

Edit: Oh yeah, defiantly something wrong. Ut says 1.5gb is being used for cache, task manager reports 1.69gb being used, i guess that's 190mb for the app.

But memory drops from 5.92gb to 3.67gb the exact moment you close utorrent. So that's a total of 2.25gb used where 560mb is unaccounted for.

Archived