3.4.x Beta

AdamK

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use the increased cache because of simultaneous reads, so it reads from cache and not the disk.

I don't have problems downloading with around 50 mb/s, but it can become a problem when it's uploading 30 mb/s+ at the same time.

Mine is set to 1 download at the time.

Because then the limit would be permanent (unless i manually adjust it every time), if you jump on new torrents (which i do) there's usually not enough bandwidth to keep you going at 50mb/s, so the download speed will fluctuate and then the upload is free to go up. But i think it needs some cache to keep up.

And i'm not sure how the overhead works.

Oh yeah, now i remember. Is there a way to bench that? As in some sort of service that'll run you up & down simultaneous to their max capability. Or do i just set my max upload at 49mb/s as it tops out at around 52mb/s upload.

Not that i've ever noticed my download drop because my upload rate was high. A symmetrical should not be affected by this in the same way an asymmetrical line is.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm not sure i understand that phrasing "download, and see how much upload it requires with bitmeter" Bitmeter looks like a bandwidth monitor, and i've already got networx.

How would i benchmark with a bandwidth meter?

Or did i miss something?

Hello! I'm sorry, this is now nothing to do with this thread. In the new forum, I received an email notification for each separate comment (now I see a total of 14). English is definitely not my native :D, and that's why I do not understand Notification Options page. :huh:

How do I adjust notification options so that I only get one e-mail notification of the latest comment and no more, until I re-visited the topic? :wub:

This is so embarrassing to ask that simple.

Hello! I'm sorry, this is now nothing to do with this thread. In the new forum, I received an email notification for each separate comment (now I see a total of 14). English is definitely not my native :D, and that's why I do not understand Notification Options page. :huh:

How do I adjust notification options so that I only get one e-mail notification of the latest comment and no more, until I re-visited the topic? :wub:

This is so embarrassing to ask that simple.

http://forum.utorrent.com/index.php?app=core&module=help&do=01&HID=7

help is your friend. :)

Who tests these builds?! I don't know since when this started happening but you can't restore down utorrent, you can either minimize it or not, but if you want to un maximize the window, it bugs out... please fix it! I'm using 3.4.1 (build 30615)

No issues here (W7).

help is your friend. :)

I've always chosen "instantly" - this used to give you one e-mail even if there have been more than 1 reply. i.e. no more notifications were sent until you visited the topic. This is how it should be.

But now topic subscribers get 1 e-mail per reply. So if you don't visit the topic for a few hours and say 8 people have made a reply, your inbox get's clogged up with 8 identically titled e-mails "New reply to 3.4.1 Beta" or whatever.

uTorrent seems to add forced state on resume of paused torrents if closed (doesn't apply to finished torrents).

Steps to replicate: right click on tray icon, pause all torrents, close utorrent, open utorrent, right click on tray icon resume all torrents, every paused torrent goes on forced seeding/downloading.

The same thing happens if some torrents are paused. There is no need to use "Pause all torrents" option to trigger the bug.

Version used: 3.4.1 Build 30615.

Hi guys!

I just installed 3.4.1 (30615) - will look how uTorrent will play with huge files now, with this change: "- Improvements to the disk congestion and disk flushing algorithm."

I am now loading huge files, so it is interesting.

Hi guys!

I just installed 3.4.1 (30615) - will look how uTorrent will play with huge files now, with this change: "- Improvements to the disk congestion and disk flushing algorithm."

I am now loading huge files, so it is interesting.

What is your max  Internet connection rate? Update on how it goes... :)

What is your max  Internet connection rate? Update on how it goes... :)

My connection is 100 Mbit/s, but QOS in router is enabled, so it's somewhere about 70-80 Mbit/s download and ~60 Mbit/s upload.

uTorrent limits is 7500KB/s DL and 5250 KB/s UL.

Now I have 3 torrents in queue and one of them is loading, other two waiting with status "Searching peers 0.0%" or something like that.

Archived