3.4.x Beta

AdamK

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The utorrent.exe always says something about fixing RSS. If you're not going to maintain that text, then please remove it. Just updated the build version and leave it at that. It seems µTorrent and its release cycle workflow has taken a real dump after Bittorrent bought them.

Seems like a big oversight to allow this type of posting on the forum software. I know its not your fault... 

If the forum software allowed it, all newbie posts should be moderated. I've seen this on other forums I've joined (moderated first 2 posts usually) - although it can be frustrating to genuine posters. That would most likely stop the spam in it's tracks.

-- 2015-03-27: Version 3.4.3 Beta (build 39773)
- All fixes from the latest stable (38913)
- Reduce DHT bootstrap server traffic - Possible fix for sluggish UI while interacting with torrent list

Seems to Indeed improve/fix the "sluggish UI" and 100% CPU load issue!

This build still stops DLing with 100% disk/cache overload with large single file torrents!

Here is a test torrent to test/confirm:

http://drp.su/download.htm -> torrent:  http://is.gd/1Uamzc

Can anyone test it and confirm?

8f4ae0400144657.jpg

3.4.3 is "scheduled" for release in the next 2 weeks.

LOL, I'll believe that when I see it. 3.4.2 will be banned forever on any tracker worth it's salt, so they need to move steaming pile of crap forward.

Maybe there will be another year's worth of 3.4.3 and sometime before your you die there will be a 3.5, it'll have about 1000 fixes (one for every week or so)

but up until that time it'll be simply known as 3.4.3 build 987654321.

rafi, I had the same problem.

My utorrent is run as an admin.

diskio.no_zero = true

diskio.sparse_files = true

But 39773 is allocated files by SPARSE.

(previous build-tested 38656- is allocated files by no_zero. not sparse.)

I checked diskio.sparse_files;false

-> OK

rafi,

I can confirm the same situation with your settings. For the first 2 minutes cache is near full 110 / 128 MB, download speed fall to near zero. Only one difference - To file 1 MB.

After 2 minutes data are probably writen to HDD and data from cache are released. Now cache is about 10-15 / 128 MB. Download speed is normal.

I think you have to reset settings.dat...

Archived