3.4.x Beta

AdamK

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

3.4.3.40538 now available:

-- 2015-06-16: Version 3.4.3 Beta (build 40538)
- All fixes from the latest stable (40298)
- "Wrong tab content" fix
- Tab selection persistence fix
- user feedback icon in upper right
- DHT fixes
- Suppress "Do you want to make uTorrent the default..." message on client update
- Fix content overflow problem that was hiding the bottom lines of the tab windows in Torrents view
- General trial streaming UI fixes

There's no "X" to back out of the survey. The entire µT client has to be closed.

No it doesn't. Just click off the window on the main client window.

I actually left the exact same feedback through the client, but then when I found out the above I sent another piece of feedback asking for a X to close it.. because well.. that's how things are done.

Hey various Bittorrent staff, when's 3.4.3 final out? Goes against industry standard software release practices to have it released and also have it in beta ya know.

Indeed. So they just need to fix the rest of the known bugs ...

Considering what we have right now, what would you say are "must fix" issue(s)? Ones that we cannot just "live" without ? Also, most of the high priority issues that were on my issues list are now fixed...

There are still some well known GUI glitches and bugs which are not fixed since long time.
I was looking for my thread about that - found it archived by somebody ( http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/94459-utorrent-34x-bug-collection-mainly-gui/).

So still some open points are:

What is the reason for a thread where user can post bugs and nobody is taking care? I know that many user just think "that's a bug" or double post bugs ...

What is the reason for a thread where user can post bugs and nobody is taking care?

That was the first sign for me, I posted a number of issues never got a response.. I don't recommend "supporting" a client that has bad coding and support practices.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes believe it or not, our plan starting with the upcoming beta is to increment the tiny version number for every single beta.  Sometimes it takes a while to get there, but we did hear you in the last round and we'll be doing it now.  We'll also be releasing fewer betas and avoid having multiple betas out with separate changes in them.  

Yes believe it or not, our plan starting with the upcoming beta is to increment the tiny version number for every single beta.  Sometimes it takes a while to get there, but we did hear you in the last round and we'll be doing it now.  We'll also be releasing fewer betas and avoid having multiple betas out with separate changes in them.  

Until you do, I strongly suggest  to remove this from the main download page...:

"µTorrent beta
  • For Windows (1.63 MB)
  • English (US) - June 22, 2015 "

3.4.4.40733 now available with bright orange upgrade banner included:

-- 2015-07-09: Version 3.4.4 Beta (build 40733)
- All fixes from the latest stable (40633)
- UI fixes and improvements
- improved logging for better debugging
- connection handling improvements
- crash fix

That is one hell of an ugly upgrade banner you've included. Definitely NOT an improvement. YUK! Gone back to previous version.

2015.07.10_06h54m39s_001_zpswoq89pj1.jpg

Just that you cannot offer and have people download a beta version that is just a bit older then the current stable (practically almost the same...). Beta is always newer... ;)

If it's marked as 3.4.3 beta and 3.4.3 is final then I don't see it as an issue.

By the looks of it that page would be updated fairly promptly anyway with a new beta build with the next version number.

Might be a pain for them to have to pull down the beta link every time they release just to put a new one up some days later but it certainly wouldn't hurt to do so..

especially if a decent beta build is weeks away from being released after a "stable" release.

Good to see some sanity restored to the release schedule. Now you just gotta fix the reputation, that's not going to be easy, utorrent/bitorrent now has a fairly bad rap.

Would certainly help if development was a lot more active and actually had some sort of community communication as like.. just about every other torrent client.

Plenty of warnings from people in the forum that were not listened to.. you went the corporate route and paid the price. Let's see if you guys can improve in that area.

Archived