3.4.x Beta

AdamK

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

you could fix in the next building the mistake of putting the player in full screen ......  this player is very versatile should add more stuff for he,do not forget users Pro :).sorry my English is bad use google translator .

3.4.7 build 42330  

thte43-4f6ff7e.jpg

Utorrentie hangs my Outlook 2003 under XP (sorry to be running such old software, but it's all this computer is capable of).  Running utorrent 3.4.8 beta.  Utorrentie shows up in my Windows Task Manager with varying sizes, which strikes me as suspicious in itself. I don't use IE, so I wish I could stop it from loading. It doesn't load at startup for me, it loads when I run my browser - Firefox - so the official purpose (to fix problems in IE) makes no sense.  Other sites refer to it as adware, browser hijacking etc.

I have about 17 different machnes running here.

Half are oddball home-built towers with mixed up hardware from scavenged parts and the others are various makes of laptops.

All but 4 of the towers and all of the laptops are running XP SP3 and the 4 towers that have something else are all running Win7 Ultimate.

3 of the Win7 towers and about 4 of the laptops run uT 3.4 something with one of them always running the latest beta release.

I would suggest that your problem lies elsewhere rather than with uT itself.

I have noticed that email software (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail etc) do suffer a bit and runs slow when you have torrents running and it doesn't matter what email client you're running. I'm guessing it has something to do with how email clients access the internet compared with most other internet software and the constant uT traffic overhead is likely the responsible culprit. It still happens on my newer tower running a Gaming7 mobo with 16GB vengeance Ram at 1.8GHz and a 4-core 8-thread i7 processor. I can only assume there is a clash somewhere with the transport layer software somewhere within the depths of Windows software itself.

If you have older kit (like most of mine here), it does slow emails down quite appreciably when torrents or streaming stuff are running.

That's my take on it so far unless someone else has other ideas??

Without taking away from what you say, my case is very specific.  uTorrent runs all the time in background and Outlook loads normally if utorrentie is not in memory. When utorrentie is in memory, Outlook says it has completed about 40% downloading then hangs.  I have several accounts and I believe it's hanging on acessing the gmail server (unconfirmed).  Granted, my Windows XP is up-to-date  SP3 but it was originally warez & has some other quirks, so an O/S glitch is not out of the question.

The whole problem will be academic when I get my Win 7 machine loaded with the Office software I use every day, but I think it's significant in analyzing utorrentie's behavior.

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, been using 42382 for a week or more, and it's pretty stable.  The file "no access" error has pretty much gone away, tho it did happen just once on a very large torrent package, upon resume during the end-game; perhaps a conflict between Ut and Ut-ie?.  No other processes were running (no WMP for instance).  a FORCE RECHECK then fails (access error) repeatedly; Upon exiting and restarting uT it also shows "access errror, invalid handle", as if the handle had been passed-back-in via the resume.dat, but then the force recheck works and it can resume giving or getting.

[all this is W7x64 btw]

The age-old  issues in the PEER display still persists, the REQS column stays blank for one of the peers, even when they are clearly delivering pieces, and I noticed that the HELP | SHOW STATISTICS "Number of Connections" is way wrong, showing only a few connections when the PEER page(s) shows dozens of active uTP connections.  Also, the LOGGER area remains blank after startup until a torrent is added, it's never getting an initial window-update message, and the TRACKERS area also does not update after deleting a tracker; both old interface issues that are still there.

sorry to nitpick....

2 hours ago, Ryrynz said:

I just wish they'd hurry up and allow you to move a torrent completely to another location manually.
Really shouldn't have to mvoe the file myself and then change the location, c'mon guys this wouldn't be hard to implement.

Doesn't "move download location" works for you?

Archived