3.4.x Beta

AdamK

3.4.8.42499 now available: http://llsw.download3.utorrent.com/beta/utorrent.42499.installer.exe

-- 2016-08-11: Version 3.4.8 Beta (build 42499)

- Bugfixes on UI - sometimes the client was displaying yellow background in a few subwindows

- BitTorrent NOW becomes the default node after a fresh installation

- Internal changes in our "bad-ad report" which will improve our chances to isolate the publisher

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Ametz said:

Updated to latest and still i have those memory leaks.

BUT

When testing to open it with admin rights. No problem at all...
So from now on i need to open it with admin rights for it to work as it should.

So, I guess some folder/files permissions of yours need attending to..

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, rafi said:

Worse, 3.4.8 42548 stable was released (>42539)

Yeah I saw that too, but you know how their weird build numbering goes. Team A gets even numbers Team B gets odd numbers.
I'm guessing nobody at Team A told Team B that 3.4.8 is already out.

3.4.8.42586 now available: http://llsw.download3.utorrent.com/beta/utorrent.42586.installer.exe

-- 2016-08-31: Version 3.4.8 Beta (build 42570, 42586)

- Fix potential Null pointer access in Logger

- Potential crashes on empty list in the device tab, piece tab and tracker tab

- Fix parsing of bundled executable (with pro key or torrent)

- The builds 42570 and 42586 have the same functionalities but 42586 was compiled with an updated CI system

3.4.9.42592 now available (beta link in signature). NOT 42586 as shown in copy/pasted release notes below.

-- 2016-09-09: Version 3.4.9 Beta (build 42586) - Introduction of the Altruistic Mode. A blog post will follow. In a nutshell ,the Altruistic Mode is changing the way a torrent is downloading to prioritize uploads. As a result, the ratio of this torrent will be at least 2:1 at all time. In this Mode, 2 initial pieces are downloaded first; then the next pieces are downloaded once we have uploaded twice as many pieces to other clients. Therefore, if too few other clients are interested in this torrent, this torrent will take longer to download; it might even not download at all if no client is trying to download it. However, this will guarantee a good ratio even at the beginning of the download. This feature is in the BitTorrent preferences. Once the preference is "enabled", the option will be clickable when a torrent in added, or in the properties of the torrent.

...and latest 6.4.8 beta 42586: http://llsw.download3.utorrent.com/beta/utorrent.42586.installer.ex

-- 2016-08-31: Version 3.4.8 Beta (build 42570, 42586)

- Fix potential Null pointer access in Logger

- Potential crashes on empty list in the device tab, piece tab and tracker tab

- Fix parsing of bundled executable (with pro key or torrent)

- The builds 42570 and 42586 have the same functionalities but 42586 was compiled with an updated CI system

I guess I can remove the first one from my list...

On 2016-09-10 at 6:42 AM, mike20021969 said:

3.4.9.42592 now available (beta link in signature). NOT 42586 as shown in copy/pasted release notes below.

-- 2016-09-09: Version 3.4.9 Beta (build 42586) - Introduction of the Altruistic Mode. A blog post will follow. In a nutshell ,the Altruistic Mode is changing the way a torrent is downloading to prioritize uploads. As a result, the ratio of this torrent will be at least 2:1 at all time. In this Mode, 2 initial pieces are downloaded first; then the next pieces are downloaded once we have uploaded twice as many pieces to other clients. Therefore, if too few other clients are interested in this torrent, this torrent will take longer to download; it might even not download at all if no client is trying to download it. However, this will guarantee a good ratio even at the beginning of the download. This feature is in the BitTorrent preferences. Once the preference is "enabled", the option will be clickable when a torrent in added, or in the properties of the torrent.

So this would mean that everything depends on my upload speed or rather at best half of it  if there are clients. Tough when my download is more than 15 times faster then my upload speed.  

3.4.9.42604 now available ....

-- 2016-09-16: Version 3.4.9 Beta (build 42604)

- Announce Pop-up (like our cross-promotion for our Android app) will now exit when the UI is hidden

- Fix for the ETA for the Transcoder (pro version)

- bugfix on a crash seen with hashes malformed (this is not a common crash in our crashdumps, but we are pushing a fix)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived