3.4.x Beta

AdamK

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an oddball question....

I often see things about RSS feeds.

From what little I've read, it offers me nothing that I want and to use it/them I need even more software on my machine that's using up resources and bandwidth that I'd rather it didn't.

Can somebody explain to me, in very simple English, what the hell it is and why would I want it?

I use RSS all the time.

Some (most) torrent websites group all their recent torrents in an RSS feed.

So basically you set uT to access that feed and then create a rule to download whatever you want from it.

You can then leave uT running and it will download said item automatically as soon as it becomes available, or if you're like me uT auto starts at boot up and it starts downloading straight away without having to manually go look for the item.

It's particularly useful for series episodes. I don't use it for films or anything else.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2016 at 9:50 PM, ex58 said:

3.4.9.42671 Beta now available ....

Incrementing version numbers seems to be a rather hard concept for the developers to grasp.

Version 3.4.9 Beta (build 42881)
- Fixed rare crash that occurs while trying to retrieve torrent state
- Fixed a bug that would prevent pro users from downgrading their license type

30 minutes ago, schnurlos said:

In my opinion the devs have the problem with the 3.4.X
Increasing to 3.5 or 4.0 would be a bigger step.
But in real there is nothing new since long time.

You cannot really tell regarding bug fixing. For me is stopped crashing... Also, 3.4.10 is an option for a smaller stepping...

Yeah maybe they have something decent planned for 3.5 but honestly I think we won't ever see any strong development of this client again which just mind end up killing it eventually.

They just want to wring it for what it's worth and that works for a short time.. When their numbers drop then maybe they'll get a bit more serious with it, until that happens though..

dc12d8107c9d725d60830a8265ddd0eb.jpg

Archived