crash on start;

icebox

I had a power outage, and was trying to update utorrent before the outage, but had decided to wait until some torrents had finished downloading. When the power came back up, I installed the most recent version, but the program doesn't finish loading torrents before it hangs. There are about 2300 torrents to find, but after finding 1313, it hangs. If the program is closed, on restart, the same thing happens. What can I do to get the program to finish the search for torrents?

There seems to be corruption with resume.dat. I renamed the utorrent folder to utorrent.old, and put in a new installation of the program, then copied the old resume.dat file into the new directory, and same behavior happened.

But I left the program up in frustration last night when I went to sleep, and it turns out that the program does pop to life every so often, because when I came back, the program had gotten up to 2000 torrents, and while I was watching, the program found 400 more then went back to non responsiveness, with the blue spinning circle mouse, and nothing changings with cpu or memory usage. After waiting 45 more minutes for something to happen I gave up and killed the program.

What I'd like to know is what I can do to save as much of what's in resume dat as possible. I need to know data like when things were uploaded and ratios to know when to delete stuff.

Make a copy and try opening it with the BEncode Editor somewhere in these forums. Not sure what'll happen. I want to say there's some error recovery logic but I can't be sure. At the very least you can possibly look through the file, but, 2000 torrents. Ew.

CPU doesn't change. Does it keep using CPU? Could try letting it run its course.

Archived