RSS-Feed update is not refreshing correct

Nodge

a few updates ago the rss-feed stopped refreshing like it used to be, i can see the new date and time refreshing for new items but the name of the previous is stuck till i close the program and restart it again.

My version:3.41 Beta (30496)

It could be because of the beta version, but needed to tell about it anyways.

The rest.... Great work

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am also seeing this issue in 3.4.1 build 30740. It is getting really frustrating to have to either restart the client or manually download on a daily basis.

The RSS feed scans works and being updated correctly. Just the list view is not... You should not have any reason for a manual download.

For a while the RSS Downloader would work but the list wold not update. Now the downloader has stopped as well. Completely closing utorrent and relaunching will allow the feed to update, but in most cases the downloader will not pick up episodes that were missed while it was locked up. I found if I add a new entry to the downloader (exact same as first entry) it will work again.

For a while the RSS Downloader would work but the list wold not update. Now the downloader has stopped as well. Completely closing utorrent and relaunching will allow the feed to update, but in most cases the downloader will not pick up episodes that were missed while it was locked up. I found if I add a new entry to the downloader (exact same as first entry) it will work again.

I have no idea what is the basis for your claim that RSS is not retreiving new episodes. I suggest that you add a new feed with a had url, log RSS errors, and see if it stops logging errors for taht feed after a while. That would be a good test.

• 3 weeks later...

RSS is not getting refreshed in 3.4.1 (30888). This is happening after hibernation, before hibernation, the feed is indeed getting refreshed normally, but after returning from hibernation, it just stops working and the only solution is to restart the program.

I have turned on all RSS logging in order to help track down the error...

After your reply I checked the beta changelog
and I've found that the beta builds have the relevant fix since:

-- 2014-04-22: Version 3.4.1 RC (build 30916)
- Fix: RSS feed items not updated

The latest beta was released 11 days ago, while the latest stable build was released just 3 days ago.
The stable build is 31139 while the beta was 30971, way much lower.

I thought that every latest utorrent stable release contains all fixes from the intermediate beta builds.
I did't know that that some features can derive from RC/Beta later.

There was no reason to reply rudely/smartass.

Why don't you try with the latest RC?

Can you provide a link? I don't have that release in my APPDATA uTorrent folder. Too bad now stable release doesn't work with RSS (no entries refresh and no auto download) and beta is crippled by crashes.

Actually I couldn't download any RC of any kind in any thread: latest beta keeps crashing like there's no tomorrow and latest stable has RSS issues, therefore I was asking for an older release (like 3.4.1 RC build 30916) to try out. Am I missing something?

Archived