RSS-Feed update is not refreshing correct

Nodge

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is happening in 33290. It munched a bunch of my feeds and they wouldn't show up anymore in the UI even though it told me that there were 9 feeds. So I blew away my rss.dat.

Then I started adding again, but now it says Feeds (0) even though there are 7 active feeds, and nothing gets loaded. Tried restarting utorrent.

• 2 weeks later...

Stable 33497 is still borked. Feeds get merged so when you add a new one, it overwrites the old one, when clicking on a feed you get the results for a different feed than the one you're looking at, etc. etc. etc.

And that's to say nothing of the basic bugs in the (horrible!) UI for managing the RSS downloads) and the title parsing logic that seems to have been written by a 2 year old.

If it wasn't for the fact that no one else seems to be able to do smart episode filters even remotely right I would ditch BitTorrent/uTorrent yesterday.

The "Decoded Name" logic is what I'm referring to. It's gawd awful and basically useless.

Then there is the New Favorite from the RSS Download Manager, which doesn't save anything unless you switch to another one first after creating it which has been there for YEARS.

And that's to say nothing of the horrible UI in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, the functionality concept is great, and vastly better than every other client, which appears to not have thought about the problem at all, but the actual implementation is junk and needs to be fixed beginning to end. 

(and it needs a "skip torrents with rar/7z/zip if possible" function...grrr...)

I would LIKE it to have defaults ("i.e. select 720p, 1080i, 1080p by default)

I would LIKE to have Categories that apply these defaults by category.

But I just really want it to work first.

To repro the adding of RSS feeds issue:

1. Clear your list of rss feeds.

2. Add the Pirate Bay HD TV feed

3. Add the Pirate Bay HD Movie Feed

4. Add the Pirate Bay Other feed.

The Pirate Bay Other feed will not get added properly, instead the UI will show the Movie feed but will be overwritten with the other feed. It appears that it did add the feed, but you simply can't see it or use it and it doesn't appear to download from the last 2 you added. This is in the most recent stable and the most recent beta.

Then there is the New Favorite from the RSS Download Manager, which doesn't save anything unless you switch to another one first after creating it which has been there for YEARS.

God yes. It's basically become second nature to me to use that workaround, but how that MAJOR bug is still there after all this time is baffling to say the least...

I ran into this same problem and just found something that made the other feeds display.  Each feed in the rss.dat file has an "identi" value (can be found by opening the dat file and searching for "identi") I found that the feed that wasn't showing had the same value as one that was, i changed the number and restarted utorrent and it popped right up.

1.close utorrent and make a backup copy of your rss.dat

2. open rss.dat and find "identi" it will look something like this ":identi1234000e10:"

3. change the number between the "identi" and "e10" to something else that's not the same as another feed "identi1234001e10"

4. restart utorrent

only tested for the last 20 minutes or so, but this may help someone.

Confirmed. The issue is that the identi is always getting calculated as 0 as of the 3rd feed and thus you end up with dupes even though it knows that there are others. Manually changing it so that there are no dupes solves the issue.

Should be a simple bug to fix and a "blame" should tell you who broke it :)

Now if we can just get the rest of the RSS bugs fixed...

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

I've been reading previous "rss problem" feeds for quite sometime, some ppl are helpful, others say there is absolutely, 100% nothing wrong.  I've been experiencing the same problems as others, deleted old files, replaced dat files, deleted reinstalled, renamed whatever, I tried on my own.

but THIS solution you posted is working, been running for a couple of hours, no problems, exited, restarted, no problems, rebooted computer no problems.

I've been keeping my mouth shut on this b/c it is just frustrating when numerous ppl report the exact same problem and get blasted for it.  So I trolled, sorry.  

but thanks Brknking, I attempted your test, followed your steps and all is working.

thank you again for the attempt and if anything changes, I'll repost, but for now, your solution is a GREAT work around!  Thank you.

I ran into this same problem and just found something that made the other feeds display.  Each feed in the rss.dat file has an "identi" value (can be found by opening the dat file and searching for "identi") I found that the feed that wasn't showing had the same value as one that was, i changed the number and restarted utorrent and it popped right up.

1.close utorrent and make a backup copy of your rss.dat

2. open rss.dat and find "identi" it will look something like this ":identi1234000e10:"

3. change the number between the "identi" and "e10" to something else that's not the same as another feed "identi1234001e10"

4. restart utorrent

only tested for the last 20 minutes or so, but this may help someone.

Archived