Migrating from azureus, can i resume my partial downloads?

Aza

I switched from azuereus recently and have to say im loving utorrents resource friendly nature.

One problem is i had a few partially finished downloads (a few quite large ones in fact, one was about 40% of 9GB) and was wondering if there was a way to transfer them over to utorrent?

I tried downloading the .torrent file, starting it so it created the directory and files, then copied the old files from azureus over the top, but it doesnt seem to recognise the files that have already been completed.

Does anyone know of a way to get it to check the files and recognise which ones have already been downloaded?

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Aza

make sure the files in the multifile torretns are named exactly as the torretn creator has named them in the first place and when you have pointed in µtorretn to the exact locations of the files he should recognises that the content is allready present. You can do a "Force Re-check" to make him checking the content against the hashvalues in the torrent file to make shure you have the content in its genuine state.

Thanks for your help. I had originally thought of the "force recheck" but it was greyed out (probably because there was no errors that utorrent was aware of).

To get around this i renamed the folders of the torrents, started utorrent and it recognised that the files were missing. Then i returned the folders to normal and restarted utorrent and did a force recheck and it did a full hashing of the files.

Thank you again utorrent-Guest :)

Archived