3.4.x stable

cmeisel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is unacceptable and I'm being polite here. How can BitTorrent release a "stable" update without a digital signature? And top it all off it's not even the right channel so we get stuck with a "nightly" release instead. Come on all this is basic, I know the utorrent team can do better than this!

3.4.1.31105 stable is showing as a nightly :rolleyes:

"Fixed"... Old 30888 is back, and even smaller in size... 1200K instead of 1600K... I wonder, what did they forget this time... Probably the bundled offers... :P

Bug in all v3.x branch - i tested from earliest v3.0 beta till the current nightly - it persists:

Download something -> when download is done, change a (single) file state to "Don't download" -> Stop the torrent -> manually delete (from Windows) the file you chose not to download -> Recheck the torrent - the deleted file will be RECREATED during the recheck process, although it is marked as "skip".

The only way I found to avoid recreating the file is to completely remove the torrent from utorrent, and readd it as a new torrent.

Is there a way around this? I often delete some files from huge torrents, and need the possibility to remove them from being seeded.

This bug is very easy to reproduce, and will happen with every torrent when following the above procedure.

By the way, this bug does not happen with v2.2.1 or earlier, and following the same procedure described above results in the file not being recreated, as expected.

Cross-file pieces. either use the partfile or stop skipping files like that.

Thank you for the answer.

I am using partfile, but that does not prevent the problem - and actually it seems that the bug is in the partfile handling:

The problem happens because files that have their download state changed (being marked "do not download" after they have been marked as "download" previously), are not being added to the partfile (although they should!), but they are recreated as a file instead. 

The partfile does contain parts of what was initially skipped, but not files that had their state changed.

With v2.x in the above case, the needed pieces were being added to the partfile and redownloaded, without recreating the file.

With v3.x, the needed pieces are being redownload to the file (after recreating it), and not to the partfile.

Bug in all v3.x branch - i tested from earliest v3.0 beta till the current nightly - it persists:

Download something -> when download is done, change a (single) file state to "Don't download" -> Stop the torrent -> manually delete (from Windows) the file you chose not to download -> Recheck the torrent - the deleted file will be RECREATED during the recheck process, although it is marked as "skip".

The only way I found to avoid recreating the file is to completely remove the torrent from utorrent, and readd it as a new torrent.

Is there a way around this? I often delete some files from huge torrents, and need the possibility to remove them from being seeded.

This bug is very easy to reproduce, and will happen with every torrent when following the above procedure.

By the way, this bug does not happen with v2.2.1 or earlier, and following the same procedure described above results in the file not being recreated, as expected.

This is not such a common use-case (tho, I use it a lot myself ... ) . What priority would you give it on a scale of 1-40 with reference to my other issues-list (see my sig)?...

This is not such a common use-case (tho, I use it a lot myself ... ) . What priority would you give it on a scale of 1-40 with reference to my other issues-list (see my sig)?...

Not sure, for me it is a very high priority, as its the bug that currently disturbs me most... But as you said it's the a very common use case. So I will let you decide where it should be ;)

as its the bug that currently disturbs me most..

41 be it... Lucky you... maybe you better just not forget to skip files *before* downloading them and not after... or buy a larger disk drive :P

Automatic download from program itself (new update notification) doesn't work.

uTorrent just shuts down when you click "yes" to update.

well, at least in latest build, they fixed the...

- Added: Privacy statement to featured content page
- Fixed: Problem with Bundles

-- 2014-05-07: Version 3.4.1 (build 31139) Stable

- Fixed: Crash

Such description, very informative, much helpful. Wow.

What's with the graphics on the tabs? The info pic has it's sides chopped off (not a full circle) and the Trackers pic has the same issue along with little nodules along the circle (signifying peers? or just poor graphics?)

Archived