3.4.x stable

cmeisel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, uTorrent team!

Seems that there is a couple bugs in last builds. 

1. uTorrent periodically change its DHT node_id. I investigate it using Wireshark. And after changing node_id, uT starts lossing most of active nodes ("DHT: xxx nodes" indicator shows decreasing count of nodes with time).

2. Loggin "Dump DHT Buckets" and "Dump DHT Tracked" doesnt work.

So here is a question, does this behavior is a bug or a new featurers called in changelog as a mysterious "dht-store feature" (-- 2014-05-07: Version 3.4.1 (build 31139) Stable)?

"Fixed"... Old 30888 is back, and even smaller in size... 1200K instead of 1600K... I wonder, what did they forget this time... Probably the bundled offers...

The latest build 31227 comes without the Adknow/OpenCandy overlay, and can also be unpacked with standard UPX. Looks almost too good to be true.

Tried 3.4.1.... TCP connections still max out my line. µTP carefully tries its best. The program is almost usable if not the reorganized UI where nothing can be found in the usual places. Files tab is now the first one on the list, "Transfer to Devices" has displaced Open Containing Folder, Get uTorrent Plus has displaced Preferences. Seems someone badly wants "devices" (whatever those are) to be seen and accidentally clicked.

This version still works fine on Windows XP SP3, and on SP1 with some modifications. Sequential download in the secret dialog is still there; uTP can be disabled.

I got a minor visual glitch. If I bring up the Add Tracker or Add Peer dialogs and then click "OK" so that the OK button is over the Files/Info/Peers/Trackers tabs, the context menu will pop up, as if a right-click has been performed. This is on two XP systems I tried.

post-373258-0-61251100-1400831400_thumb.

2 different conditions triggered it:

24GB 32 files 4-5 MB down, 800-1000 KB up.. this took only a few seconds for initial disk overload then happened about every 30 seconds

2GB 1 file, 500-700 KB down, 900-1000 KB up... this took a few minutes to trigger initial overload, then happened about every 30-40 seconds

Same 2 conditions worked fine in 31227 before updating, then worked fine in 31139 after reverting.

What build was the dht bug introduced in?  According to torrentfreak's article it's since May 9, 2 days after 31139 was announced on this thread. Windows timestamps show 31139 last modified May 15 though. Guess I'll go back to 30888

did you remove the possibility to set false gui.show plus upsell in 3.4.2?

The appropriate place to ask that would be in the 3.4.1 beta thread (shouldn't this be renamed now?)

And anyway.. the answer is obviously yes.. Can't see a dev removing that without an actual command/desire to..

Welcome to teh ads.

Can't see a dev removing that without an actual command/desire to..

Welcome to teh ads.

Just like the coming of the video killing the radio star, ads will kill utorrents popularity .

Video killed the radio star

For the past year, our team was hard at work picking apart and rebuilding our installer into a sleeker and slimmer system as part of a push to make µTorrent smaller.

I hope this is not a promise...again!

The appropriate place to ask that would be in the 3.4.1 beta thread (shouldn't this be renamed now?)

And anyway.. the answer is obviously yes.. Can't see a dev removing that without an actual command/desire to..

Welcome to teh ads.

i think this is the appropriate place to ask since 3.4.2 is now stable.

anyway mine was a rhetorical question, i just wanted to point out that fact.

Just updated to 3.4.2

and there is this ad at the bottom left corner of the screen:

iinitially it's this way:

01ZM9Vt.jpg

and after 1 sec it becomes an ad:

5jHdAze.jpg

Is there a way to disable it?

The option in Options>"Show Plus information" has been removed

and I haven't found any relevant entry in Advanced Prefs,

The µTorrent Plus frame can no longer be removed, making the program unusable on smaller screens <= 800 px tall, while gui.tall_category_list is set to false to have more space for file and peer listings in Detailed view. With settings that fully disabled ads before, the frame does not become another ad for me.

Assuming the Plus ad is of no use (obviously), and we don't have any "Devices", loading a hidden Internet Explorer window is unnecessary (startup delay, slight memory use).

I managed to crash µTorrent by running out of cache memory, but unfortunateley couldn't reproduce the case again. I configured the program with 1 GB of cache. Then I fully loaded the CPU with foobar2000 file integrity verifyer at default priority. Writing to disk seems to be much less agressive now, because not a single piece was written to disk while foobar2000 was busy. Other programs were still responsive at that time. µTorrent crashed when memory usage reached about 1.7 GB overstepping the set limit.

But I couldn't reporoduce the issue later, when the program correctly halted with Disk Overloaded status. I am certain of the limit I set (1024 MB) as I had done in the other clients I have running.

Archived