3.4.x stable

cmeisel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today on starting utorrent, a page to download Sync showed up and it opens every time I open utorrent 3.4.2 build 33497. Even if it is minimized and I start it from system tray it shows up. Also there is a Get Sync option in the left pane above torrents. All the advanced settings related to offers are already set to false and also those by using Shift + F2. How to stop this behaviour and remove Get Sync option?

post-310523-0-62530100-1410236624_thumb.

Any of 'em. This has been on and off for maybe about a year now, but all of a sudden all builds seem to have it.

Does it work for you? Even with the default settings it sure doesn't for me..

Can you give an specific use case? Which column you select and in what exact eent it becomes unsorted? I've tried with "completed bytes" and it simply hangs for me...

Today on starting utorrent, a page to download Sync showed up and it opens every time I open utorrent 3.4.2 build 33497. Even if it is minimized and I start it from system tray it shows up. Also there is a Get Sync option in the left pane above torrents. All the advanced settings related to offers are already set to false and also those by using Shift + F2. How to stop this behaviour and remove Get Sync option?

Happened to me once only, and after re-starting uTorrent  again - it seems not to show up any more. Probably some kind of one-time ad thing...

Happened to me once only, and after re-starting uTorrent  again - it seems not to show up any more. Probably some kind of one-time ad thing.

Well its not a one time thing for me. The Get sync option in left pane is gone now. But the download sync page opens every time I restart utorrent or open it from system tray. 

Yes! It's happening on every version I try, too. Every time I minimise then click the tray icon, there's a massive ad that just doesn't go.

And it's messing with the interface:

Ashampoo_Snap_20140909_14h04m04s_001__zp

Ashampoo_Snap_20140909_14h07m22s_002_muT

Well its not a one time thing for me. The Get sync option in left pane is gone now. But the download sync page opens every time I restart utorrent or open it from system tray. 

Not for me (latest stable). I think you need to select "torrents" on the left, exit and re-start.

I think you need to select "torrents" on the left, exit and re-start.

I have already tried it many times, still doesn't work.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Also I read other posts in the forum related to the same Sync problem. Looks like I am not the only one with the issue.

Looks like I found a solution at last. All the advanced settings related to offer were set to false. But those w/o the true or false option  i.e. boolean values I used to delete whatever was written. It used to come back on restarting utorrent. This time instead of deleting those values and leaving them blank, I left a space there. Now Sync ads don't come even on restarting. Hope this lasts!  ;)  ;)  ;)

I had the same problem described truglx.

I have tried:

1) uninstall the old uTorrent, remove all settings & made backup

dht.dat

dht_feed.dat

resume.dat

2) install the latest version 3.4.2 build 33497 and replace 3 files from backup

3) settings - false for

offers.left_rail_offer_enabled

offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled

gui.show_plus_av_upsell

gui.show_plus_conv_upsell

"Get Sync" message does not appear. Probably - win :)

Since I use the remote functionality (i.e., controlling uTorrent running on my main PC from my iPad) quite a lot, I reverted to v3.4.2.32691 which seems to be the last working version before "remote" got broken and never repaired, and this version also does not seem have the other recent problems mentioned above.

The automatic update for 3.4.2 build 33497 doesn't seem to work and hasn't been working since a few previous builds. Also when I check for updates it show no new updates are available when build 33870 is shown as the latest on utorrent download page.

Utorrent remote is still broken in latest release (build 33870) ?

Obviously have no idea WTF they're doing.. My guess is they'll fix it in 3.4.2 because that's the only version we'll see going forward.

The 'crash' is fixed, not uT remote...

Does checking for update provide the new version download option or shows no update available?

The bug is that it should say "No new stable version is available", which is correct.... :P

BUGGY PAUSE

Am I the only one encountering this issue? When a torrent is in Downloading or Seeding mode, Pausing it does change the torrent status to Paused. However:

- Downloading and/or Uploading continue (but seem to slow down, but never really pause, even after a long while waiting).

- Pause button is not disabled but remains active.

- Clicking Pause again change the torrent status back to Downloading or Seeding again and the speed seem to be higher than when it's marked as in Pause mode above.

Screenshot attached.

Didn't happen with 3.4.2 b32239. Happened when I updated to 33497 and still there with newest 33870.

post-376395-0-79833700-1410544320_thumb.

- Pause button is not disabled but remains active.

- Clicking Pause again change the torrent status back to Downloading or Seeding again and the speed seem to be higher than when it's marked as in Pause mode above.

Pause/un-pause was the behavior in 3.3.x too.

Incoming requests may still come from that un-paused peer. You need to respond.

Pause/un-pause was the behavior in 3.3.x too.

Incoming requests may still come from that un-paused peer. You need to respond.

The problem is that it seems to never pause. Shouldn't it be that once Pause is clicked, that Pause button/menu entry should become inactive, only Start/Force start and Stop should remain active/clickable?

The problem is that it seems to never pause. Shouldn't it be that once Pause is clicked, that Pause button/menu entry should become inactive, only Start/Force start and Stop should remain active/clickable?

It is a matter of GUI design. "unpause" is not that illogical... Remember we used to have a mechanical pause button on VCRs that could be pressed and released...

Traffic seems to be close to 0, so not a big deal...

Archived