3.4.x stable

cmeisel

After 43 days, we have a new stable build!

2015-11-17: Version 3.4.5 (build 41372) Stable
Last Updated: Nov 17, 2015 06:44PM PST
2015-11-07: Version 3.4.5 (build 41372) Stable
  • Better use of system resources, improvements to stability
  • Improved handling of paid codecs and Antivirus activation for Pro users
  • Fixed malformed response in a jsonp API
  • Fixed incorrect accounting of wasted bytes when talking to peers
  • Fixed memory leaks in clients 
  • Users were reporting a UI hang for RSS feeds (right-clicking on item)- fixed this
  • Fixed Pro status page rendering
  • Fixed a bug that prevented resizing of the left rail

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After 43 days, we have a new stable build!

2015-11-17: Version 3.4.5 (build 41372) Stable
Last Updated: Nov 17, 2015 06:44PM PST
2015-11-07: Version 3.4.5 (build 41372) Stable
  • Better use of system resources, improvements to stability
  • Improved handling of paid codecs and Antivirus activation for Pro users
  • Fixed malformed response in a jsonp API
  • Fixed incorrect accounting of wasted bytes when talking to peers
  • Fixed memory leaks in clients 
  • Users were reporting a UI hang for RSS feeds (right-clicking on item)- fixed this
  • Fixed Pro status page rendering
  • Fixed a bug that prevented resizing of the left rail

Err.. why is 3.4.5? Isn't 3.6 almost basically done? why have you taken some changes from 3.4.6 and made a new 3.4.5 build from them instead?

Or is this 3.4.6 but you just goofed the versioning and left out half the changes in the changelog?

C'mon..

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a mirror for stable build 41372? I really want that build because it finally fixes the memory leak issue, but when I try to download the stable URL it gives 41202. 

It does not fix it for me. 3.4.2.38656 is the last one without leaks.

It does not fix it for me. 3.4.2.38656 is the last one without leaks.

Is it possible to find a link to this build (3.4.2.38656)? I have one a little older from January, but it wasn't as stable as this release for me. I'm ready to go back a while until there is some stability (and no comment about keeping track of alpha versus beta changes).

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me how to get the latest ALHA & BETA releases? I usually go to   http://utclient.utorrent.com/offers/beta_release_notes/release_notes.html

but I always get version 2015-12-17: Version 3.4.6 Beta (build 41562)

μTorrent Beta client release notesThese release notes include a list of all beta clients released via the website and auto-update. Since we have more than one team releasing builds, they don't all include the same fixes and features.Get the latest Beta here.Alphas are only accessible through auto-update for now.-- 2015-12-29: Version 3.4.6 Alpha (build 41614)- Fix two crashes in 41612 alpha-- 2015-12-28: Version 3.4.6 Alpha (build 41612)- Fix a rare crash during install in 41610 alpha-- 2015-12-23: Version 3.4.6 Alpha (build 41610)- Fix an issue when creating torrent in 41572 alpha-- 2015-12-21: Version 3.4.6 Alpha (build 41572)- Fix some crashes in 41564 alpha-- 2015-12-18: Version 3.4.6 Alpha (build 41564)- Rewrite of most of the string functions and classes-- 2015-12-17: Version 3.4.6 Beta (build 41562)- All changes from 41506- Fix wording in about box- Fix a bug where adding new torrents does not refresh on the main view if using non default sorting- Fix crash when activating licenses for unsupported products- Fix crash when communicating with the Bundles Page

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with always getting the latest build.

Thank You.

B)

This IS the latest beta build. There is a link at the top in there.

Okay,

I went to the link, and this is the first release:

μTorrent Beta client release notesThese release notes include a list of all beta clients released via the website and auto-update. Since we have more than one team releasing builds, they don't all include the same fixes and features.Get the latest Beta here.Alphas are only accessible through auto-update for now.-- 2015-12-29: Version 3.4.6 Alpha (build 41614) - Fix two crashes in 41612 alpha

So I downloaded the file, and when I installed it, it was Version 3.4.6 Beta (build 41562) and NOT build 41614.

Am I missing something or am I not being clear enough? Why would the developers put the latest build, and when you download it, it's an older version.

Thank You. :)

• Moved code to standard containers to add stability, enable faster development, further reduce footprint
  • Cleaned up code across all parts of codebase to improve stability
  • Support for new ad-free premium product
  • Fixed recognition of files that use HEVC codecs
  • Added local memory usage test mode as part of effort to reduce footprint
  • Fixed a bug that occasionally misplaced a link in the toolbar
  • Fixed bug where selecting a torrent would sometimes not activate the toolbar​

Why the hell are you guys still calling this 3.4.5? Do you have some sort of issue with incrementing a version number by 0.01?
I think the development team is completely mad.. build numbers ARE NOT version numbers guys.

You've been working on a .01 release for the past 4 months..  What's going on Talkingprawn?

Just Curious here: how do you see this leak? How come I don't see any leak in 41506 (latest beta, with my settings@sig and on Win7)?

Win7. Had the same problem with latest stable build, tried beta and no changes. Used more than 4GB of RAM. Very annoying. Please fix it.

post-360250-0-02756500-1453063411_thumb.

Why the hell is webhelper using like 20-30% of my Atom's CPU time with 3.4.5? (41372)
It was causing the client to be so slow that the remote interface was extremely sluggish

Guess I'll be rolling back to 3.2.3 until it's sorted.. that's if it gets sorted..
Opening the location in process manager took me to utorrentie.exe (AKA webhelper)
I'm fairly certain you guys would know exactly what's going on here. Like to comment? -Guess not-

Updated the PC anyway which has a faster dual core and haven't seen the same issue occur.

Locked the topic to admins only huh, how quaint.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived