3.4.x stable

cmeisel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question about this release:

I use the 'Run Program' feature to start a batch file when a torrent changes state.

This state now has several new values, namely: 19, 20 and 23.

What is the meaning of these values?

According to the description below, the State variable can be one of these values:

Error - 1
Checked - 2
Paused - 3
Super seeding - 4
Seeding - 5
Downloading - 6
Super seed [F] - 7
Seeding [F] - 8
Downloading [F] - 9
Queued seed - 10
Finished - 11
Queued - 12
Stopped - 13

Thanks!

- 2014-03-28: Version 3.4.1 (build 30740) Stable
-- 2014-03-12: Version 3.4 (build 30660) Stable
-- 2014-03-05: Version 3.4 (build 30635) Stable
-- 2014-02-26: Version 3.4 (build 30620) Stable

after so many "stable" version release, i feel obliged to create an account and revert:

the stable versions, none of them are stable.

All of them shared common problem - crashed within 6 hrs of continuous usage.

I'm on Win 7 Ultimate, 32 bit, 4GB Ram, i5 650 CPU.

My PC is dedicated to uT only - no other programs installed.

Other issues that still persist throughout the different releases:

> cannot delete default label and its definition

> cannot delete any entry in label-directory mapping

> RSS downloader, doesn't follow the preset filters and download all feeds instead.

And new improvement which actually worsen the user experience:

> the listing view, each row now becomes wider, reducing the effective number of rows displayed.

I know some of these issues already being raised by Rafi and other users, but seeing such issues being raised and yet nothing has been done, is really making users frustrating with uT.

uT, would you eventually ignore users' feedback and develop uT based on a path of your own?

And I am on the same system , just with s/i5/C2D/, Version 3.4.1 (build 30746)  and 7 days w/o an issue...  So, maybe you should use my settings too...

> cannot delete default label and its definition

Yep, known

> cannot delete any entry in label-directory mapping

Yep, known

> RSS downloader, doesn't follow the preset filters and download all feeds instead.

Nope

> the listing view, each row now becomes wider, reducing the effective number of rows displayed.

A bit... I count here 33 lines @full screen, minimum tabs' height. Same as in 3.3.2.  And you?

d1824f318227336.jpg

Thanks for offering your setting.

My setting was adjusted based on my ISP, and has been optimized.

Using same setting on last release of v3.3, there has been no crash issue.

My screen resolution is 1360*768, and can only see 22 lines at full screen.

However, as not everyone use full screen - some would need the bottom info, this limits the effective number of rows.

I wish to point out that: while I've been a loyal uT users for almost 10 yrs, the recent development is kinda destabilizing the app, and making the uT less user friendly.

I see no response from uT staffs towards users feedback, and not prioritizing such feedback into upcoming release.

It's almost like a close-door development, and people beyond the door are simply ignored.

I wish to point out that: while I've been a loyal uT users for almost 10 yrs.

I see no response from uT staffs towards users feedback, and not prioritizing such feedback into upcoming release.

It's almost like a close-door development, and people beyond the door are simply ignored.

It's all about the cha-ching, cha-ching!

Price Tag

@wind77 I respectfully suggest that you try Rafi's settings.dat file. You have nothing to lose if you follow his O. Quick fix/"install" instructions.

I had various performance issues last year and did extensive troubleshooting. I have successfully applied Rafi's settings.dat last May and my uTorrent only crashed three times since that time.

post-370888-0-76537600-1396402850_thumb.

Please note that I consistently update to the latest beta build and that the two crashes this year involved the UI performance build (30717) that did not work for me.

I have an old multi-purpose machine: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, 3GB RAM mismatched, Athlon 64 X2 4400+ that runs all day with ut, emule, MS Word and Excel, Lightroom, and Firefox Nightly with between 20 and 30 open tabs. So I would say utorrent has been extremely stable for me.

I am currently running build 30746 and here are my latest stats over 16 hours (from 7.54 am to midnight): D: 129 GB U: 40.1GB on a 10/100 Mb/s cable line. I am also happy about the performance.

@rafi Finally taking a few minutes to thank you for all the support you provide to the community.

@wind77 I respectfully suggest that you try Rafi's settings.dat file. You have nothing to lose if you follow his O. Quick fix/"install" instructions.

@rafi Finally taking a few minutes to thank you for all the support you provide to the community.

You'r welcome... :) My list of issues (@my sig) still stands, tho... but hey, no one (app) is perfect...

One thing I've noticed with the latest build 30768 (using win8.1 x64):

even if I have disabled Options>Show bundles

(and set the Options>Preferences>Advanced>offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled to false)

I've just got taskbar notifications about a new bundle release every 30mins,

such as "New Bundle Release - A Thousand faces released a new bundle, click to review".

Also, a suggestion:

when tweaking a setting in Options>Preferences>Advanced

the Apply button (the right in Ok/Cancel/Apply) to become clickable.

I've just got taskbar notifications about a new bundle release every 30mins,

such as "New Bundle Release - A Thousand faces released a new bundle, click to review".

If the pesky url from where the bundles are originating from can be determined, then maybe these bundles can be blocked using the hosts file ;)

If the pesky url from where the bundles are originating from can be determined, then maybe these bundles can be blocked using the hosts file ;)

Thanks for the tip. It's probably "bundles.bittorrent.com‎", let's see if it works.

For anyone else googling it:

add 127.0.0.1 bundles.bittorrent.com‎ to your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file (open with notepad as administrator).

--

google tags:

utorrent New Bundle Release how to block

I hope they'll add a setting to disable this - it's super annoying.

I would edit the hosts file (smart idea btw ;) ) only as a last resort.

Thanks for the tip. It's probably "bundles.bittorrent.com‎", let's see if it works.

add 127.0.0.1 bundles.bittorrent.com‎ to your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file (open with notepad as administrator).

Whilst you're there, if you haven't already, add the opencandy and mybrowserbar ones.

uTorrent uses/has used these aswell to deliver revolting, horrible offers that no one in their right mind would want.

Also, a suggestion:

when tweaking a setting in Options>Preferences>Advanced

the Apply button (the right in Ok/Cancel/Apply) to become clickable.

No need for apply. every option is set when you change it or press "set". So, I suggest to just remove the button....

No need for apply. every oprion is set when you change it or press "set". So, I suggest to just remove the button....

But the purpose of Apply is as a precaution (as it currently is with all the rest available options):

whatever settings you might tweak -accidentally or not- don't get active, unless you press Apply.

But the purpose of Apply is as a precaution (as it currently is with all the rest available options):

whatever settings you might tweak -accidentally or not- don't get active, unless you press Apply.

You are confusing M$ and BT$ ... This is standard GUI practice... I wish it would apply to here too, but as it is for years - "set" is doing the settings. For binary options - "True/False" are the controls. All actions are done immediately...  None of the OK/Cancel / Apply has any effect. Try it ...

They better delete them all and replace with a "Close" button. You have a warning there, that you should know what you are doing....

I hope they'll add a setting to disable this - it's super annoying.

I would edit the hosts file (smart idea btw ;) ) only as a last resort.

--

google tags:

utorrent New Bundle Release how to block

Have you guys tried to just simply comment-out/corrupt/replace/delete the url in:

pref.->Advanced->featured_content_url ? ..... Who knows.... :)

That is, until they'll fix the bug... ;)

For binary options - "True/False" are the controls. All actions are done immediately...  None of the OK/Cancel / Apply has any effect. Try it ...

I know that OK/Cancel/Apply currently have no effect in advanced options, and that all changes there are applied immediately.

Maybe I wasn't very specific, but what I meant with my suggestion

is that, if you tweak an advanced option, unless you press Ok or Apply, the tweak not to be applied,

i.e. the Ok/Cancel/Apply to work for the advanced options too.

It must be unique to 3.4.1.x series.

And as there's irritating visual elements I dont like in 3.4.1.x, I'm preferring 3.3.2.x for the time being.

Yes, in 3.4.1.  Irritating visual elements? You mean font size? RSS update issues? Bugs will be fixed. Eventually...........

Archived