3.4.x stable

cmeisel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10.9.2016 at 11:53 AM, Giacommo said:

Latest build, still totlly unusable. I use win10 pro

torrent.PNG

Same for me. I didn't even have BitTorrent Now ticked.

And the advertisemenets blocks are empty... as they should be? :) (even my 2 years old version showd ads :D )

Is there some way to debug which part of the program causes the lag? What it very hard tries to do and fails to do and thus lags? Is it waiting response from some new ad server or some other external service and if it fails to get reply it just lags horribly?

16 minutes ago, rafi said:

Just try using my settings, block all ads and see if it'd "stabilize"... As should be...

where do I get your settings? in your signature... got them... where do I put them?

how do I block all ads? (I don't block any other programs or actions by default... obviously only windows 10 own telemetry with Spybot Anti-Beacon.)

23 minutes ago, rafi said:

Not sure, was a long time ago. Anyway, it is good to have IPV6 peers too. Maybe you had enabled advanced->net.disable-incoming-ipv6 in yours?

I did not change that manually myself for sure (never ever did I change anything in the Advanced settings)... if this was disabled, then it came with some version default config and stayd. But I don't think this was the case. Because before using your settings file, on my only active torrent, I did only see 3 IPv6 peers before also (no IPv4 peers for some reason)... but there was no IPv6/Teredo installed in my system, so I have no idea how that worked ... or didn't and caused lag?? Does ipv6 connections even work if you don't have IPv6 enabled and no teredo tunneling?

ANYWAY thank you very much for your better config file that seems to have worked miracles. :)

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, laurawoodson said:

Can we get release notes added to the official page? Some of the sites I'm on won't whitelist this version because they have no idea what the changes are.

I'll 2nd that. I posted about this (as of this writing) over a month ago. IMO, there's no excuse for this type of laziness. Somebody needs to get off their lazy ass and update that damn changelog, because I, myself, refuse to become some type of experiment for this bunch and upgrade to something that's unknown. Until then, I'll stick with the uTorrent version 42449, because at least I know it works.

Archived