• Announcements

• Bommuraj Paramaraj

Important Security Advisory   06/07/2016

On June 6th, 2016, BitTorrent was made aware of a security issue involving the vendor which powers our forums.
      The vulnerability appears to have been through one of the vendor’s other clients, however it allowed attackers to access some information on other accounts. As a result, attackers were able to download a list of our forum users. We are investigating further to learn if any other information was accessed.Our vendor has made backend changes so that the hashes in the file do not appear to be a usable attack vector. As a precaution, we are advising our users to change their passwords. While the passwords may not be used as a vector on the forums, those hashed passwords should be considered compromised. Anyone using the same password for forums as well as other places is strongly advised to update their passwords and/or practice good personal security practices.
cmeisel

3.4.x stable

1,535 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ex58 said:

µTorrent 3.4.9 Build 42923 is out.......

They still haven't even posted notes for 3.4.9 42606 and given there's been actual bug fixes since the last release you'd think this would be 3.5.0..
Such a half arsed effort..

3.4.9.42973 now available.

Stable links in signature

or

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:AFF49DCA357510B3716E8268EFFBB58D7500FFF3

Edited by mike20021969

On 11/17/2016 at 5:13 PM, Ryrynz said:

They still haven't even posted notes for 3.4.9 42606 and given there's been actual bug fixes since the last release you'd think this would be 3.5.0..
Such a half arsed effort..

Hey Bittorrent you wanna keep http://releasenotes.utorrent.com/ as up to date as 

http://blog.utorrent.com/releases/windows/

Or maybe link to that instead ?

3.4.9.43085 now available:

Magnet link: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:55D971BC0BAE70560AD18D9EB49820BA0FD5EE17

or

Try Russian roulette on the stable links in signature below.

Edited by mike20021969

On 11/17/2016 at 3:29 PM, ex58 said:

µTorrent 3.4.9 Build 42923 is out.......

Installer looks messed up.
S1U7qOV.jpg

Oh, that ain't all...

TDuCZDs.jpg

Yeah the installer for this is messed up all to hell. Will wait for a decent release..
Might wanna test before release Bittorrent Inc.

Edited by Ryrynz

Hey I am having problem with updates.  I use bitTorrent and it's asking me that the newer version is available to download, I downloaded it and when I was trying to magnet the link from torrent site, nothing was happening!? What's the issue? is there any thread related to this issue from where I can find solution or somebody can help me here?

Had one of my torrents state that it didn't have write permission.. seems to have been a fairly common issue based on my searching..
I've been seeding this for months successfully. I moved the torrent but no change, I checked the torrent and it said the part file was corrupt.
The one file that it thought wasn't right I deleted and attempted it again with no success.
I then found that someone on youtube recommended setting the compatibility to XP SP2 and a lot of people have had success with this..
I changed it and the torrents on my Nas become unavailable so I closed uTorrent and changed it back to normal just in case that changed anything (it didn't)
I then set the location for one of the torrents that wasn't picked up and then started the rest without issue without needing a recheck

It's then I noticed that the torrent that had write permission errors now was working fine.. I selected all files to normal (8) and whatever it needed it downloaded
and seeded without issue once again..

uTorrent is a bit quirky huh.

Maybe Windows (which one?)  is "quirky"? ... :) 

Edited by rafi

Yeah, who knows..

Simple feature change request.. (which I know will probably never happen..)

When moving torrents (Set download location) if more than one torrent is set to move from the same source could we have future move requests set in a queue rather than moving the torrents all at once?